Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcAnywhere v11

• 24-04-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have just got a copy of pcanywhere and for some reason i cant connect to my pc which is connected to net with BT BB.

is it possible to connect or do they block it out. I have tried connecting with RD from windows but i cant connect using that either...

please let me know what you think.....

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i'm not 100% sure but maybe its because you dont have a globally unique IP address and you are behind some ISP enabled NAT or Firewall and PC Anywhere is unable to traverse the ISP core and the local loop, just a thought, may be wrong and if I am can someone post the solution as i too have BT BB and was looking to set up same :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

if the computer you're trying to connect to is behind a router then you'll need to forward the port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 andycool

well im behind my bt modem. what port do i forward to pcAnywhere???? any ideas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

5631 5632

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 andycool

yeeah i checked that out and have now forwarded it on my modem to my internal ip addy and still no luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Better advised to use dummy ports on your firewall to redirect to the proper pcanywhere ports. Pcanywhere hacking is an up and coming sport based on scanning their well known ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

andycool wrote:
    yeeah i checked that out and have now forwarded it on my modem to my internal ip addy and still no luck!!!
    check your XP firewall settings (if applicable)

Advertisement