Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgrove Fires

Options
  • 24-04-2005 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My mate lives in the Belgrove campus, I would just like to ask this question. Why are there so many fires there? He said there was another one this weekend in his building. My other friends live in Merville and Roebuck and nothing seems to happen there. He was told by an residential helper that another company own Belgrove, it is not UCD. Is this true? Is it a lack of maintaining or just a coincidence? I was going to apply for Belgrove next year as it only has 3 to an apartment but no way now. I think I will put up with four to an apartment in the merville campus, at least I know I will be safe. Can somebody shed some light on this for me. What is it like to,live there?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Belgrove's nickname of "The Bronx" is there for a reason. I think it's got to do with unsafe use of cookers and electric heating as the campus are too mean to put in proper radiator or blow-air heating and instead use those awful electric things!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

it has nothing to do with safety features or anything - basically, people in belgrove drink more and do more stupid things. hence, they start fires. we had another one last night. great craic being woken up by fire engines at 6 o clock in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Possibly becasue the smoke detectors don't work. For reasons I won't go into I had to go over to a friend of mines flat to turn off the over. The whole kitchen was full of smoke and not a peep out of the smoke detector.

Advertisement