Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing for money online

Options
  • 24-04-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

After a v.successful weekend with my play money, I've decided to invest a couple euros see what happens.

Can I get some advice on what deposit and cash out options I have? I have a Visa card, but should I open a Neteller account? Any other tips and advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Most of the main sites (Stars/PokerRoom/VC/PPP) will do cash back to Visa I think, so that's probably your best bet for both in and out. If you get a Neteller account make sure you denominate it in dollars, otherwise you pay exchange rate commissions on both deposits and withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm pretty sure Stars don't cash out ot Visa. Don't know about pokerroom but VC and PPP do. Ladbrokes also do but they don't have micro limit games. VC or PPP would probably be your best bet to get your feet wet. If you start setting up other accounts later on then a Neteller account would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'll be using PokerRoom, it's the only one I'm currently set up on. I'll check their cashout to Visa options: will I be able avoid exchange rate commissions if I use a Visa both in and out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Providing you created your account in Eur you should suffer no extra charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

That's a point. Then maybe your best bet is set up a dollar Neteller and a stars account. Then whenever you want to do a big cash out ship it to stars and get a cheque sent out. Reason for stars is that they seem to have an Irish operation now, you'll get a cheque snappily and from BOI.

The other thing is that PR won't let you cash out to a Neteller account until you've lodged from it.

PS. Samba, I don't think PR lets you denominate in euro, though it's ages since I set it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

BrendanB wrote:
    That's a point. Then maybe your best bet is set up a dollar Neteller and a stars account. Then whenever you want to do a big cash out ship it to stars and get a cheque sent out.

Stars? Not PokerStars, I assume? How do I "ship it"?

Advertisement