Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should RTÉ Drop the DOGs?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

GBCULLEN wrote:
    It is interetsing to watch the big american news channels eg CBS, it is truly opague and within a minute it does not intrude.
    What are you talking about!? The CBS DOG is not opaque either! Look!

I'm starting to wonder if some of you even know what the word "opaque" means... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I have to point out that every channel in the UK other then BBC1, 2, ITV1, C4 and FIVE all have DOGS/BUGS.

The MTV one is the most annoying IMO. at least RTE's DOGS dont move around the screen. I hate the MTV DOG :mad: so annoying.

While I say that I am still in agreement that RTE should let loose their DOGS.

OH that even worse then the RTE DOGs. Oh the humanity. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

You can see the TG4 DOG if you look for it, infact other DOG's should dream of being not so obtrusive. I sent an email to RTÉ asking why they use DOG's on TV shows but not on adverts, surely it's easier to identify a channel by it's programming rather than advertising.

Some people say they are handy on analogue, you have four channels how hard would it be to find out what channel you're watching?, it's one push on the teletext button, even if it was necessary on analogue, it's still much too big, too bright and so poorly positioned, no TV would dream of over scanning that much.

They use epg possitions 101 and 102 on all digital platforms, the truth of the matter is the DOG's are a purely senseless branding excercise, look we're RTÉ. It's so unnessisary.

Advertisement