Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't browse boards with Firefox, only IE.

Options
  • 24-04-2005 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I seem to get this every time i try to open a thread in boards (its fine on the main page and forum lists). Its on and off.

boards%20(Medium).JPG
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Using Firefox 1.0.2 here on Win XP Pro everything seems ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What version are you using? Its bypassing the renderer and printing the returned HTTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, I'll echo the above, I'm using Firefox 1.02 and have been using firefox's previous versions with no problems on this site. It's probably a settings problem rather than browser compatability issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

installed Firefox, about an hours ago been browsing since and have had no issues, using version 1.0.3 on xp sp2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm using v1.0.3 too, and no probs to report.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Using 1.02 on Windows 2000 SP4 no probs whatsoever.
    Only limitation I've discovered sofar is Vodafone mail won't work (unless I change how the browser is identified which is annoying).

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I've gotten this problem on firefox 1, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3. It only happens after browsing for a couple of hours. I have to switch to IE then. Also it doesn't always happen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ahh, wipe every last trace of the browser off your machine and try again?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Ahh, wipe every last trace of the browser off your machine and try again?

I'll give that a shot when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

David19 wrote:
    I've gotten this problem on firefox 1, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3. It only happens after browsing for a couple of hours. I have to switch to IE then. Also it doesn't always happen.

yeah that's true. it takes a while to kick in. Ironically IE solves all the problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement