Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry and Rooney take player of the year awards

• 24-04-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Terry takes award
    Rooney takes award
    Now while I dont think anyone can argue with Terry, I am a little surprised at Rooney.

While Rooney has done well, someone like Stuart Downing or SWP should have got it I think, as they have both been consistantly outstanding. Rooney has been solid, but in a much better side.

As for Terry, well pleased to see him get it. Deserves every bit of it. I cant wait to see him lift the Premiership trophy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am convinced Andry Gray knows something we all don't. He knew Man Utd would sing Rooney and he knew that it would be Rooney and Terry. Well deserved for both players.

And Rooney is the youngest of that group so he deserves it even more so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Terry deserves it however Rooney doesnt.
    He has scored 10 goals this year in the league which is very average for a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Terry deserves it however Rooney doesnt.
    He has scored 10 goals this year in the league which is very average for a striker.

couldnt agree with you more.. Robben deserved it. Totally changed the chelsea team - when he returned from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well who does then. Downing hasnt being playing well for a long time. SWP is the only other but he hasnt being on form all the time. Im not saying Rooney deserves it hands down but i wouldnt argue that much with the decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

RasTa wrote:
    Well who does then. Downing hasnt being playing well for a long time. SWP is the only other but he hasnt being on form all the time. Im not saying Rooney deserves it hands down but i wouldnt argue that much with the decision
    Downing and SWP have both been playing very well all year.

Rooney has done well, but by United fans own admission has had his fair share of poor games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rooney blows hot and cold
    Great goal today but he was anonymous up to that.
    He has a habit of one good game then 3 poor matches in a row.
    He is very inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Fair play to Terry, he truly deservews his award
    Rooney????
    surely either Fabregas or SWP would have been better choices, as pointed out earlier Rooney blows hot and cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Its the players that have to play against him that decide it - you gotta trust their judgement. They see a lot more than the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well done to both of them they both thourghly deserve their awards. The senior one coulsd have gone to any of the nominated Chelsea players TBH. The players player of the year is one of the more meaningfull awards and is coveted by the players because it is voted for by their fellow professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone hear about this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On ITV Teletext the viewers vote so far gives the nod the Jamie Carragher,with two weeks to go.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

glad to see john terry get it. who was the last defender to get it? as for rooney he has had a good season playing at the top level of competitions but i think swp was that bit more impressive especially doing it at a club like city-no offence,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

who was the last defender to get it?

Paul McGrath I think although that may have been the football writers one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It the player of the year awards, and although it is just the premiership, last summer in europe is taken into account. There Rooney was amazing, so I figure he has won it on that.

Advertisement