Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stronghold 2

Options
  • 24-04-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think it is good so far. Only in the first few missions of the "peace" campaign. What do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Resisting the urge to buy it at the mo. Have exams in 3wks and that is some time consuming game. Might download a demo when i find one :mad: just to see what its like. the vids look sweet.

Happy gaming

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ye I really like this game. A lot of fun. Takes me a couple of hours to do a level. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've been holding off buying it cos I thought the videos look like the changed it from castle building to a more rts/C&C style.

Is that the case or have they remained true to the originals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its pretty decent, just as good as the first one was for its time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

cheesedude wrote:
    Ye I really like this game. A lot of fun. Takes me a couple of hours to do a level. Very enjoyable.

Thats what attracted me too the game in the first place, even the easy levels you could get wiped out fast enough.Man when my exams are over i have a date with Doom III,Homeworld 2(10 levels in),Stonghold 2. the girlfriend is gonna dump me ;)

Anyone get a Demo yet. Cant find one. That nasty rumour of no demo is what i keep reading or am i blind.

Nukem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I honestly didnt think much of this at all, I thought it was very poorly made and thought out, not to mention crash's alot and runs like a dog (even thought it looks pants, and my PC get 60+FPS in HL2). Didnt do anything for me at all, infact I have already uninstalled it :eek:

While I have limited experiance of the origional, the origional was very good fun and the pre-made siege's were very fun, never got a chance to play it much though as I never owned the game, but it was still far more fun than the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I got SH2 today, played the first couple of missions and like it. It's not the best game ever but it runs smoothly. No crashes, no lagging. I don't understand why so many people have nothing better to do than complain about the games performance when probably their computers are either too weak or their systems aren't maintained properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DarrenT01

Pugsley,
    A version 1.2 should be released very soon (possibly, this Friday 20.05.05) which should address soon of the issues have have encountered.

Darren T (Firefly)

Advertisement