Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting as a liaison

Options
  • 25-04-2005 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi

If I was to act as a liaison, could I set it up as a company? I don't want to really delve in to what the trade will be, but it will simply involve me promoting a company to a different market which they would not normally have thought of targetting.

Not sure if I am making myself clear here.

Does this happen often, is another thing I was wondering.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Sounds like a independent sales consultant to me, no matter what it is if you are supplying a product or service of coarse you can make it a company. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

But it wouldn't be directly my product? Is that still okay? I'm all new to this. Just an interest.

tim3115 wrote:
    But it wouldn't be directly my product? Is that still okay? I'm all new to this. Just an interest.

Yep of coarse thats ok, you still are supplying a service.

And I presume a percentage is fixed in the contract with the producer (lets say) ?

Maybe I'm being a little bit ignorant of the situation, but it seems that acting in this manner will entail little work (in comparison of producing myself) and that it's relatively low-risk investment?

I dont see how you supplying a service legally, and as a company has anything to do with the producer.

If the producer will work with you as joe blogg I dont see how he will have problems if you go legit.

I think the real question you need to ask yourself in this case is, if you need a company.

• Advertisement

Yes, I was wondering that as well. Is it worth the effort in getting one set up for something as trivial (in my eyes) as this.

So basically, all I would have to do is have a meeting with the manufacturer and sort things out there? Have you heard of anything like this been done before?

Advertisement