Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Router???

• 25-04-2005 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Ok, are you able to get fully USB Wireless routers? All the routers i see are Ethernet routers and i have a USB modem and no ethernet card in my comp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Most routers let you use USB or ethernet or both (for two computers or more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

steveland? wrote:

Oh right, got a US Robotics one last week but had to bring it back as it had only Ethernet cable points and no USB. Will have a look then. Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

USB generally isn't used for networking. Your best bet is to pick up an ethernet network card for €15.
    steveland? wrote:
    Any examples? I've never seen a wireless router that took a USB connection.

EDIT: Actually that Eircom one probably does. But USB isn't the norm for wireless routers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I was thinkin of the Netopia one Eircom give you. Also I didn't see the wireless but, stupid crappy eyesight...

Advertisement