Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in North?

Options
  • 25-04-2005 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Things to do in North?

Be it tourist places, fun places to go etc..

Post your recommends please..

idea taken from this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

LANs - when they're happening. I'll keep ya posted :D

In Derry, I wouldn't necessarily call it fun, but you could always visit the Brunswick superbowl. They have ... um .... bowling. But they have a bar too.

Culdaff has paintballing. It's kinda small, compared to places like outside Dublin (where they have decommissioned tanks etc just outside - pretty cool), but still worth a day out :D

Touristy things - you could always go to Grianan of Aileach Fort. That attracts people who live here as well - usually on a sponsored walk though. It's a bit of a hike uphill, but even little old ladys walk there.

The Derry walls are a historic feature - except in the summer when you've got sectarian little kids chucking stuff off them :)

Really best to just site local stuff people do because touristy stuff you're better checking the actual derry website.

As for local stuff, it's generally getting drunk to get rid of the boredom. Either drunk in bars and clubs (I use that word loosely) or up the walls if you're too young to get into somewhere.

Advertisement