Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOWNLOAD: Mix by 2tel1

• 25-04-2005 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EH4IEWQSG2420HSUUOG3NT48Y

This mix is a pure practice jobby. I wasn't planning on posting it up at all. Its definitely not boring though and there is a few mistakes. Around the 36 minute mark I trainwreck badly but only because the cued track actually gets louder and this confused me.

Bear in mind I only got my decks in January and only get to practise at the weekend...

All comments welcome :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

getting it now

what kind of style do you play?
    and any chance of a tracky? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

how do u post ur mix on a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

tman wrote:
    getting it now

what kind of style do you play?
    and any chance of a tracky? :p

I'll try to find time to post up a tracklisting.

Basically I mixed what ever I had handy really. Not much thought went into tune selection. No exciting new tunes :(

My style would be techno/deep techy kind of thing. I like the experimental stuff too but I have yet to learen how to mix it(Have to practise my harmonic mixing). See what you think of it...

tel922001 wrote:
    how do u post ur mix on a link?

Go to http://yousendit.com and follow the instructions.

for some reason only the first 24mb of it downloaded in work :/
    i've only heard the first couple of mixes so far. that's some decent mixing for someone who's only been at it for a few months, your corrections seemed to be fairly tighticon14.gif

tune selection is a bit iffy (on the run :eek: ) and you seem to overdo most of your cutting and chopping... but like you said, its a practice mix :)

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    for some reason only the first 24mb of it downloaded in work :/
    i've only heard the first couple of mixes so far. that's some decent mixing for someone who's only been at it for a few months, your corrections seemed to be fairly tighticon14.gif

tune selection is a bit iffy (on the run :eek: ) and you seem to overdo most of your cutting and chopping... but like you said, its a practice mix :)

Sh*t try it again if you have time :D

Your on about the second tune when you say some tunes are iffy. Sorry bout that. The agoria tune (which is good imo) is short and was nearly over so thats the first tune I had and it seemed easy to mix into. I wouldnt dare play some of them tunes in a proper set, some just too old, stale and too well known (among DJs anyway). :o Tunes do get a bit better though even though not many of them are new (might be a few you've not heard) but I dont think you have them.

In no order

Laurent Garnier- Sound of Big Bobou-
    Dave Clarke-Just Ride and Way of Life
    Umek-Ceroxol
    Surgeon-First (Regis Smethway alloy mix)
    And more...

Some oldies I know :o

I actually have a mix with better tunes I'll throw it up, some in the near future

only got 8mb this time :/

i can't install any download managers at work, so i doubt i'll be able to get the full thing.

tman wrote:
    only got 8mb this time :/

i can't install any download managers at work, so i doubt i'll be able to get the full thing.

Ah well.. Anyone else feel free to comment on the mix (please excuse "on the run") :D

Advertisement