Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rossi in F1

• 25-04-2005 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Would you like to see Rossi in Formula 1?

By all accounts he's equally as good in a car as he is on a bike. :cool:

Rossi and Schumacher as teammates???? :D

Would you like to see Rossi in Formula 1? 15 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dont be silly please.
    He is far from equally as good.
    Hes a class bike racer thats it.
    He raced in a few ETCC and rounds of WRC thats it .
    A far cry from F1.
    Whats with all these silly poles anyways?
    I see one also of how did Montoya get injured ,i mean come on guys get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Good suffering tyre rubber ...NO! The man has flair, style & a suicidal mission that would be lost in F1!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

lol very true .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Each to his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

Who cares.....

besides, anyone remember a chap called Allexsandro Zanardi, he was a major hit in america and people thought he would be champ, just because he could drive a champ car fast doesn't mean he can drive an F1 car just as fast and the same applies to Rossi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Dcully wrote:
    Dont be silly please.
    A far cry from F1.
    Whats with all these silly poles anyways?
    I see one also of how did Montoya get injured ,i mean come on guys get a grip.

Fair Enough.

Please Delete this Poll and thread.

Thank You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Dcully wrote:
    Dont be silly please.
    A far cry from F1.
    Did he not have an outing in an F1 car with Schumacher and post a time within a couple of seconds of Schus time?
    I doubt Schu could get on Rossis M1 and post a time within a couple of seconds of Rossi!

Anyway wouldn't it be cool to see Rossi and Capirossi bringing home 1st and 2nd for Ducati ;)

causal

dinjo wrote:
    besides, anyone remember a chap called Allexsandro Zanardi, he was a major hit in america and people thought he would be champ, just because he could drive a champ car fast doesn't mean he can drive an F1 car just as fast and the same applies to Rossi
    Ever hear of Juan Pablo Montoya, or by the same token Nigel Mansell.
    And just because Rossi is a 6 time MotoGp champ doesn't mean he can't be F1 champ.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

causal wrote:
    Ever hear of Juan Pablo Montoya, or by the same token Nigel Mansell.
    And just because Rossi is a 6 time MotoGp champ doesn't mean he can't be F1 champ.

causal

i was just making a point...... just because he was good at one thing doesn't mean he is good in F1. Anyway you gave examples of fellas who drive cars.....not bikes. come back to me when you have the name of a world champion biker who has made it in f1

Why, is that the only way you'll acknowledge that it's possible for someone to be a MotoGP and F1 champion?

causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

dinjo wrote:
    i was just making a point...... just because he was good at one thing doesn't mean he is good in F1. Anyway you gave examples of fellas who drive cars.....not bikes. come back to me when you have the name of a world champion biker who has made it in f1

John Surtees, a world champion biker who also won the F1 world championship. I'm not saying Rossi could do it but you cant say he would'nt be competitive coz hes never raced F1 and when he tested the Ferrari he actualy set some good times.

dinjo wrote:
    come back to me when you have the name of a world champion biker who has made it in f1
    I'm back! John Surtees :p:D (good job dor83 ;) )

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Voted no, cos then you wouldnt see him in MotoGP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Eh...Rossi in F1 2007

Can't freakin' wait.

"Rossi anger at Formula One rumour

Rossi's first 84 starts in the showcase class yielded 45 victories
    MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has angrily denied reports that he is set to move into Formula One in 2007.
    Rossi has already test driven for Ferrari and there has been continual speculation in the Italian press that he will replace Michael Schumacher.

The 26-year-old has frequently said that he would like a new challenge in motor racing but recently claimed: "I'll finish my career in motorcycling.

"I've said nothing new and still new things are being written," he added.

Rossi's Yamaha colleagues are not convinced, however, with team director Davide Brivio quoted in the Italian press as saying the Italian would be in Formula One from 2007, although he later denied making that remark.

Speculation is likely to continue at Rossi's home Grand Prix in Mugello on 5 June, but some observers believe he is likely to agree a new deal to stay with Yamaha for the 2006 season.

Rossi was an instant success, winning the 125cc class as a teenager in 1997, and adding the 250cc crown two years later.

Having won three titles in the top class with Honda, in 2003 he chose to leave the team for Yamaha, but quickly added a fourth successive title last year.

A fifth this year looks very likely as he has already won three of the first four rounds."

Jaysus I didnt know rossi read boards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I hope it isn't true and he stays not because he'd be a failure in F1 but because he'd be such a loss to MotoGP the man's a legend and anyway MotoGP's just as popular as F1 these days and in my opinion far better.

And for those of you that say he wouldn’t be competitive, when he tested Schumacher’s Ferrari and was less than 2seconds off Schumacher's best, that sounds competitave to me when you consider that he had the car for a very short time.

Anyway I hope he stays put. MotoGP just wouldn’t be the same without him. If he's looking for a new challenge, how's about Rossi + Ducati = Italian Success all round

dceire wrote:
    If he's looking for a new challenge, how's about Rossi + Ducati = Italian Success all round
    Ehh, umm, didn't I say earlier in this thread :p
    causal wrote:
    Anyway wouldn't it be cool to see Rossi and Capirossi bringing home 1st and 2nd for Ducati ;)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

I reckon he'd be quite good in a car too but the bike is his thing,

Although now is the time to get in if ya ask me. its pretty open.

Alonso is the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Sorry mate didn't see that :rolleyes: It would be great though wouldn't it
    causal wrote:
    Ehh, umm, didn't I say earlier in this thread :p

causal

np, it'd absolutely rock.
    Rossi would have to bring Jeremy Burgess (his chief engineer) with him again.
    They'd sure have their work cut out, but I wouldn't bet against them doing it; if they had no technical constraints imposed by Duc i.e. insisting the powerplant must be a V configuration. I couldn't see them repeating the Yamaha miracle quite so quickly though.

causal

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wouldnt want to see him go from Moto GP either.

What I would like to see is him moving teams again and making a lesser team into a great team. As I believe he could do it. I think legend is bounced about these days to people who havent achieved much but Rossi Is a LEGEND.

Advertisement