Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to get Ringside seats

• 25-04-2005 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just wondering if any of you got ringside and if so, how you got your tickets?
    I know tickets are supposed to go onsale everywhere at the same time but I'm thinkin it might be best to que at a ticketmaster rather than buy them by phone or the interweb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Ok reality check - unless you know someone who works for ticketmaster, chances are unless it becomes a fair fight - most ringside tickets will go to "friends and family".

Now I know there are some employees from ticketmaster that float around boards.ie and they can deny it all they want - but I have been part of the "friends and family" and for other events, I have secured "best seats" due to people that I know who work for ticketmaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

With that said,that is true.Even if you don't get ringside you'd be guaranteed of getting a good seat if you know someone in ticketmaster....a bit unfair but thats life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

At the last show I was in the eigth row. After the intermission I just sat in one of the ringside seats and got away with it for the rest of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

anyone know where i can find a layout of the rds for the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

As far as I can see Dubs have a distinct advantage to getting tickets for any seats let alone ringside. Most others in Ireland can get the tickets are through phone or internet as retailers here such as Zhivagos are not as "hooked" up as ticket master, have all the speed and enthusiasm as you'd expect from an out source for tickets. And then when your on the phone if your lucky enough to get through you get crap seats..use the internet the server can't handle the demand and crashes...theres no broadband service in areas on this end of the country so loading the site over and over again is another disadvantage....we really get the sh!t end of the stick. If I lived in Dublin I'd camp out outside ticket master..weather not so bad at the moment anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

AFAIK the only way you can get ringside is go to wwe corp, where you do some sort of package. I know the one for last years Tour Of Defiance cost €300ish, so prob the same for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

I was offered 4 ringside tickets by wwe for the show in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How and how much???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

wwe corp, where you do some sort of package. I know the one for last years Tour Of Defiance cost €300ish, so prob the same for this.

Is there a website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Man I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how you get offered ringside tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

Man I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how you get offered ringside tickets.

^^I hope that you can do the same for me somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Draven

Apparently it's not what you know but who you know. That's how I got my ringside seats on April 21st at the Point. There are definite advantages to having them but some disadvantages too. For some reason, the Point felt the need to have really high barriers ringside so I now have a sore back from sitting up completely straight to see all the action. I'm 6ft 1 so I can imagine how it was for all the poor kids at ringside, glazing through the bars of the barriers. Worth it though, so no more complaints from me :D

Hoping to get the same or similar seats for the RDS on June 18th. This could be Austin's one and only appearance here so it will be well worth sitting thru the rest of it again to see him. He usually stays on and entertains the crowd afterwards or even during the interval so that should be good if he does.

For anyone who hasn't already looked, check out the photos I was lucky to take from ringside on the following page with more photos to follow as soon as I can sort them all out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=248560

Advertisement