Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web pages slow at random

• 25-04-2005 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

In Vietnam with ADSL. Its rated at 5mpbs down and 1mbps down. Trouble is the damn thing cant access webpages very well at all. Downloading is pretty damn quick - beats my NTL broadband at home in Ireland.

To give an idea of what it is doing, it sometimes takes 2 second/a minute/never to access google, filefront, fileshack, and fileplanet amongst many. The local internet cafes seem to have to problems though.
    If this sounds familiar to anybody could they please help me out; I have had the bloody engineers out to my house 3 times already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

possibly the DNS server being overloaded/slow, or just congestion on your route to those sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There used to be something called the MTU problem which caused certain sites to become extremely slow in this way. I haven't heard about it for a while though and I thought that problem had mostly been 'shaken out'.

Have a look at http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6266 and see if it's any help.

Advertisement