Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesco in Dundrum - Petrol

Options
  • 25-04-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Has the Tesco filling station at the Dundrum "Town" Centre opened yet? What's the price per litre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

was there last sunday week and it wasnt open then, however the one in finglas was charging on friday

97.5 for petrol
    92.5 for diesel

i'd expect the same at dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Nuttzz wrote:
    was there last sunday week and it wasnt open then, however the one in finglas was charging on friday

97.5 for petrol
    92.5 for diesel

i'd expect the same at dundrum
    I've often noticed that on the same day the prices in Tesco clearwater and claire hall can vary by 1c (for petrol anyway) so it may not be exactly the same in Dundrum when it opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think it is due to open today.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

There was a sign up on the railing a few days ago saying 'opening Monday 25th April' but I just did a drive-by and that sign's been taken down and and a few OPEN and "24hr fuel" signs have gone up but the railings aren't open yet. So not open yet, but it looks ready to go - presumably later in this week.

Prices in the locality (and over towards Churchtown/Rathfarnham) were generally good but have gone up in recent weeks to 99.9 (still not too bad, but more than I've ever had to pay) so hopefully the new competitor will force them to bring that back down a couple of cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

jlang wrote:

Prices in the locality (and over towards Churchtown/Rathfarnham) were generally good but have gone up in recent weeks to 99.9 (still not too bad, but more than I've ever had to pay) so hopefully the new competitor will force them to bring that back down a couple of cents.

Yeh all the garages seem to have risen over the past 2 weeks to 99 cents - €1.02...aghh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I wonder will they knock a further 5cent off if you spend 40 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

http://www.irishfuelprices.com/motorfuelprices.php?county=dublin+south

- always good for checking the going rate in your locale :)

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ROVER wrote:
    I wonder will they knock a further 5cent off if you spend 40 euro in Tesco

I filled up last week over at Finglas and was told the 5cent thing is finsihed.....was only told this after buying 40 quid worth of food.....bast**ds....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

An update: The petrol station was open this morning - 98.9c/litre before clubcards etc. They have about 20 guys in yellow jackets directing traffic first to the left (with traffic for the open air car park) and then around the outside to the pumps. Seems like poor planning but I'm sure they'll sort it out in time. There was no queue at 10, but they seem prepared for a reasonable amount of traffic. The guys at the registers were only learning the ropes and the clubcard barcode readers didn't work but you can also pay at the pump with a cashcard (dunno whether Laser/ATM/Visa).

It's only 1c cheaper than the local garages so I'm not sure if I'd queue but if it keeps price pressure on them it can't be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here in Waterford Tesco have gone from being the cheapest by 10c to only average with a few places selling for less. So unless they have the 5% off voucher scheme running they should'nt be assumed to be the cheapest.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

108.9 Cents a litre in Kells, Co. Meath. :(

Advertisement