Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SECOND YEAR or OLDER ARTS STUDENTS

Options
  • 25-04-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Yo, How Do Ya Pass The First Year Arts Exams?

Post Some Of Your Notes, Go On You Could Save Some Lives

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

the sweet smell of desperation, you kick those exams ass ya hear late! had i done arts in ucd (or anywhere) i'd gladly have passed on my notes, and if you really want notes at least give the subjects you do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Liesia

I'm a final year arts student what subjects you doing????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

anything on english, french, psychology, philosophy would be incredible

I'm doing philosophy and english so if ya want to pm me on anything particular I can help you with. Couldn't put up all my notes now finals in a week. :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liesia wrote:
    I'm doing philosophy and english so if ya want to pm me on anything particular I can help you with. Couldn't put up all my notes now finals in a week. :( :eek:

I'm doing philosophy too. Share your knowledge! :D

• Advertisement

you in third year in UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

lateasever wrote:
    anything on english, french, psychology, philosophy would be incredible

4 subjects??????

In all in anyways, if anyone has the Summer 2005 papers to 1st Geography 1/2/3, 1st Sociology 1/2 and 1st Info Studies 1/2 please make Zane a VERY happy fellow and give me the goddam papers now.............. now I said!!!!!! :eek:

P.S. I am calm and not desperate in any manner...................................
    .......................................................................................
    .......................................................................................

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And posting rubbish on here is sure going to help you pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

lateasever wrote:
    Yo, How Do Ya Pass The First Year Arts Exams?

Hmm, I dunno about this it's just a wild guess but.... study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Repli wrote:

Thats crazy talk and you know it!

• Advertisement

Repli wrote:

Sure pal! We'll call that idea plan B. :)

The worst thing about philosophy is that sometimes you can study and study but never really be sure if your right. Kant is the perfect example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

as a second arts student who did sweet fúck all last year i would say STOP PANICKING! you'll be fine if you went to most of your lectures and have done at least *some* of the reading.

i'm doing English and History and i SUCK at History and still managed to do well enough in the exams last year.

this year may be a different story but sure we'll see how it goes.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Ye'll all be grand, consulted my fairy god mother and got her to work a bit of magic, ye'll all be grand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Alana wrote:
    Ye'll all be grand, consulted my fairy god mother and got her to work a bit of magic, ye'll all be grand. :D

there'll be major lawsuits if i mess up.......your word is your bond alana!!!! :p

you'll be fine if you went to most of your lectures and have done at least *some* of the reading.

I guess I'm screwed. :o

as a second arts student who did sweet fúck all last year i would say STOP PANICKING! you'll be fine if you went to most of your lectures and have done at least *some* of the reading.

Well I've been to most of my lectures, have most of my notes but readings????? Ha ha ha ha ha. I only just realised today what a major elementry schoolboy error of mine not to do any Sociology readings. Ooooh major elementry schoolboy error there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

if anyone wants help in politics/history i can give notes or any book chapters / essay plans that i have at hand - pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Liesia wrote:
    The worst thing about philosophy is that sometimes you can study and study but never really be sure if your right.

Are you kidding?
    That's the best thing about it. Throw something down on the page, make sure it's somewhat relevant, namedrop a few phiosophers and you're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Are you kidding?
    That's the best thing about it. Throw something down on the page, make sure it's somewhat relevant, namedrop a few phiosophers and you're grand.

Though you might want to spell philosopher correctly, otherwise you'll just look silly. ;)

• Advertisement

I was under the impression that for philosophy we could avoid having to do all that Eastern stuff - 'wu wei' etc. Then I find out that we have to do this!
    How the hell do you waffle on this? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

For first English, reading the coursebooks - 2 or 3 per course - should be enough. They don't expect much secondary criticism in first year. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I was under the impression that for philosophy we could avoid having to do all that Eastern stuff - 'wu wei' etc. Then I find out that we have to do this!
    How the hell do you waffle on this? :eek:

Yeah I got very very angry trying to study easten philosophy today. It's just nonsense.

For the exam I plan to write "Confusionism/Taoism is a load of half baked mystical claptrap that rational minds cannot be expected to engage with in any meaningful way."

Yeah I got very very angry trying to study easten philosophy today. It's just nonsense.

For the exam I plan to write "Confusionism/Taoism is a load of half baked mystical claptrap that rational minds cannot be expected to engage with in any meaningful way."

At least you're studying! I have this terrible fear that next week I'll be left sitting there staring at this piece of paper with nothing worthwhile to write!

At least you're studying! I have this terrible fear that next week I'll be left sitting there staring at this piece of paper with nothing worthwhile to write!

In that case do the intelligent option...... don't show up! :D

I think I need to go through the pain of the exams though so I can appreciate my freedom when they're over! Well, freedom until August that is...

Oh long live failure!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

ok, im gonna start studying tomorrow.

been to two and a quarter lectures, and two tutorials all year.

phew,

hello mr. repeats, how you doin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

NO

Do NOT do this! Last year, having been to very few lectures all year, and having only handed in a few essays, I was convinced that I would fail all my exams and have to repeat in August. I went to most of the exams, leaving after half an hour in all as I ran out of stuff to write, and this generally got me down (as it would, duh). So I didn't bother to go to my last exam, the 2nd History paper.

I missed out on passin History by 4%. I got 72% in the first paper, and since I didn't show up to the second one... Well, you do the math. Dumbass I most certainly am...

Mind you, I went to all my Politics exams and only got 29% in that, so I guess I had to repeat anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

you lazy ****, go and do some study.

Advertisement