Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SECOND YEAR or OLDER ARTS STUDENTS

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

BleakestH wrote:
    you lazy ****,

Flattery will get you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

anyone got any notes for celtic civilisation or economics?

PRETTY ****ING PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

PRETTY ****ING PLEASE

What the hell possessed you to do Economics AND Celtic Civilisation??? :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Economics ok, but why did you do Celtic Civ

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

I'm sorry but now is not exactly the best time to be telling me this... how about u post ur suggestions to... i dunno LAST SEPTEMBER!

Ur criticism is well taken....

• Advertisement

Surely I told you back in September that it might not have been the wisest choice of subjects? It sounds like something I would've said anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

"Confusionism/Taoism is a load of half baked mystical claptrap that rational minds cannot be expected to engage with in any meaningful way."
    Well, on the other hand, Confucianism and Taoism are philosophies which post-rationalist German philosophers came around to on their own. You could argue that rationalism is claptrap because humans aren't rational and rationalist methodologies misrepresent 'reality'. Sounds like you at least have something to say.

I got my Arts degree in UCD in politics and philosophy a few years ago (then went back for more and did a Masters). My advice would be to cram like crazy, but be smart about it. Get the questions/lecturer's strong suggestions, get the past papers, focus on answering three questions well and one extra for insurance. Your answers don't have to be long, they just have to be good.

A typical argument is: (1) Restate the problem/question, (2) explain some thinker's idea, (3) present a few counter-arguments, (4) conclusion saying which view is better or worse. A basic dialectical methodology.

It did the job for me.

Although what I found most useful was to keep in regular contact with lecturers if I had any problems and in final year myself and friends set up a yahoogroup where we shared the workload and notes among ourselves.

Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

PRETTY ****ING PLEASE

Thought the Economics notes were all online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

there'll be major lawsuits if i mess up.......your word is your bond alana!!!! :p

Eeep!! Hope she got the message, her hearing is a bit dodgy at the bestest of times....well it's showtime tomorrow anyway...hurray....

crud

Oh how the hell do you get from either town or Rathmines (I heard there was a magical bus from here and tis only down the ol road from me) to Carysfort, I've a stupid ass Italian exam out there next week...anyone know...?

Not looking forward to the ol horse smelly rds though....

Also when are results out..so I can stock up with enuf alcohol to completely drown my sorrows...always the optimist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm sorry but now is not exactly the best time to be telling me this... how about u post ur suggestions to... i dunno LAST SEPTEMBER!

Ur criticism is well taken....

I distinctly remember telling you in September that Celtic Civ would be sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Alana wrote:
    Oh how the hell do you get from either town or Rathmines (I heard there was a magical bus from here and tis only down the ol road from me) to Carysfort, I've a stupid ass Italian exam out there next week...anyone know...?

Option 1: Go to town and get the Dart. Blackrock is about 6 stops out of town. (that's what I did for my repeats last summer) The 45 bus also goes through Blackrock.
    Option 2: Get the 17 from Belfield. But give plenty of time. The 17 = evil.

Ok thanks..never been on the dart before....leave me alone i'm a southsider! I've a day before the xam so i might go exploring then, cram on the ol journey...woo..

Alana wrote:
    Ok thanks..never been on the dart before....leave me alone i'm a southsider! I've a day before the xam so i might go exploring then, cram on the ol journey...woo..

Yeah, tis a smart move to work the journey out in advance, to see just how much time it takes. Did this twice last year, before the Summer exams and before the Autumn ones... :o

Aw....*air-hug* well heres hoping u'll only have to do it once this year (positive thinking!!!well I'm deluding myself that it works, never know might rub off) and the rest of the summer will be spent finding unusual bars....hmmm, I think I'll try Dun Laoghaire in two weeks....or go really mad and try somewhere outside the pale...

Advertisement