Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bladefist

Options
  • 25-04-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

What's the horde/alliance ratio on bladefist and what's the general selection here for your boards players?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

last i heard there are 7k or so alliance to 5k or so horde. But the alliance suck in organisation and cooperation so currently horde dominate end game

Though at levle 60 it is supposed to be pretty even. I think most boards players are horde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks Memnoch. 4 of us are switching servers.. Just wanted to be sure before I dedicate time to a character. What's the main boards guild for horde?

most of the guys are in a guild called "Bored of ie"

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Theres a boards guild on alliance too and we have plenty of members. I would guess that we have almost caught up with bored of ie. ( although not witha mmount of 60s )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

rofl @ memnoch's pimping of the guild
    tbh alliance need help since werd are the first to beat onyxia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Bored of Ie have about 14 regularly active players, with 3 of those being level 60. As much as I would like to see the boards alliance guild, get some needed new players, this game is all about numbers. At end game we'll need 15/40/60 players, for instance raids. There is no chance that the Dudes can acheive that, but if we can keep drawing boards players to bladefist horde, we have a chance :D

'Sides, alliance suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dlofnep wrote:
    What's the horde/alliance ratio on bladefist and what's the general selection here for your boards players?

1-60 comparison
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=175&factionid=-1&minlevel=1&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=2

This is a pretty useless comparison mind as it takes into account a LOT of alt chars. A more useful one is a 40-60 comparison:
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=175&factionid=-1&minlevel=1&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=2
    1.2:1 but with the Horde being the more active side (ie more people on the server at the same time)

Then a comparison of lvl 60s:
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=175&factionid=-1&minlevel=60&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=2

Again the horde are more active on the server at lvl 60.

Mind you, i dont put a lot of credence in Warcraftrealms figures. When i started on bladefist the stats were wildly different.

Ivan wrote:
    Bored of Ie have about 14 regularly active players, with 3 of those being level 60. As much as I would like to see the boards alliance guild, get some needed new players, this game is all about numbers. At end game we'll need 15/40/60 players, for instance raids. There is no chance that the Dudes can acheive that, but if we can keep drawing boards players to bladefist horde, we have a chance :D

There is no chance that Bored of Ie can achieve it either. Realistically both guilds need to merge with others if they want raiding to be a constant possibility.

15 man raid groups are certainly possible, 40 and 60 may come if we join with other, smaller guilds. The fact is, that new players joining the alliance boards.ie guild have a much less likelihood of seeing that, than the boards.ie horde guild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ivan, we have easily that many regular players. Both our lvl 60s left though :)

makes sense for all boards alliance playas to move to horde tbh :D

resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah makes sense to start new characters on the horde side on a dire server even though we've worked hard to level up or main.

DRakE wrote:
    Yeah makes sense to start new characters on the horde side on a dire server even though we've worked hard to level up or main.

better than being wtfpwend by the superior horde!

How many more Dudes players must we gank, before ye see sense? :o
    Takes 4 hours to ten, 10 hours to 16, 15 hours to 20. And this time you can pick a better class... Nyom, nyom... Druid.

And remember, you would have to delete all of your alliance characters to play horde :o
    A small price to pay, imho...
    My life for Aiur... err, the Horde.

Alright cool. 3 of us started last night on horde. Kazushi is my name on there if I bump into any of ye tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Memnoch wrote:

Yadda yadda yadda. Back to barrysworld with your childish horseshít statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yadda yadda yadda. Back to not taking funny comments seriously and not being dicks to eachother.

Memnoch wrote:

Pfft, werd zerg != wtfpwned

When is the horde inferiority complex going to end?

They have the best racial skills, the best newbie areas, the most players and on bladefist they have the first big guilds, so therefore were the first to get the epic loot (alliance arent far behind now).

Simply put, Horde is easymode.... Me, i like a challange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

koneko wrote:
    Yadda yadda yadda. Back to not taking funny comments seriously and not being dicks to eachother.

Do you know whats a great server? Deathwing. :)
    51% to 49% Alliance (so nearly balanced) and usually has more characters and active players than Bladefist (tho not on todays stats now).

When I joined it was "low pop" (Bladefist was nearly full).. nice to see it grow at a steady rate as opposed to the character dump Bladefist experienced. Deathwing is now listed as full, tho queues are rare.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Ivan wrote:
    My life for Aiur... err, the Horde.
    hehe. thats classic :)

does anyone keep a count of memnoch's dictionary of WoW terminology. carebears, wtfpwned, n00bs... etc. are you the Shadow Word: Pain guy? your animosity towards the alliance side is well known so there's no need for daily reminders it i.e. alliance sucks. as Dustaz said it, when is the horde inferiority complex going to end?

Dudes is just starting fresh imo, and for most of us, it's our first time playing the game as characters we've chosen. for the time being it's looks like a party guild and there is no goal yet for it to become anything other than that. As most know, some of the higher lvl players have left so they can get the raid fun that other better and organised guilds can provide. But if 'Bored of IE' wants to gank Dudes, go ahead, there's always some bored Dutch or Swedish person that needs to get their 'gank on', so we can always ask them to return the favour to you. ;)

-adnans

The point is, that this is now! It's on! and there are people who need you to step up.
    Look, nobody likes having to rise to a challenge. But competing against other people and getting in their face and saying "ha ha, I'm better than you" is part of life. And if you can't face that, then you may as well just sit here and play with lego's till your an old man.

Some day you are going to have to stop running away and start dealing with it. Otherwise, you might as well move to France with all the other pussies.

It's on!

I think this thread has gone beyond sane at this point
    Memnoch wrote:
    Some day you are going to have to stop running away and start dealing with it. Otherwise, you might as well move to France with all the other pussies.

Think you're taking it a bit too seriously maybe?

Dustaz wrote:
    Pfft, werd zerg != wtfpwned

When is the horde inferiority complex going to end?

They have the best racial skills, the best newbie areas, the most players and on bladefist they have the first big guilds, so therefore were the first to get the epic loot (alliance arent far behind now).

Simply put, Horde is easymode.... Me, i like a challange.

Most of werd pvp in 5 man groups (max) cause more CP that way. Some even just duo. But sure ya, if zerg makes you feel better :P. Though after my exams i've some serious plans for 10-15 man army to do some wtfpwning on the alliance zergs.

Fear ward is the best racial skill in game :( Makes magmadar and onyxia 10x easier. And actually alliance have the most players no bladefist, but yes horde have the best guild(s). We were teh first to get epic loot cause we are more organised etc.

Alliance have yet to kill azuregos or kazzak (the two open encounters).

Yes it's definately more challenging on alliance since they can't even cooperate with each other :D

koneko wrote:
    I think this thread has gone beyond sane at this point

Think you're taking it a bit too seriously maybe?

you should watch south park more often :P

Memnoch wrote:
    you should watch south park more often :P

I'm not really talking about the quote, just your overall attitude. Hostile attitude towards everyone that disagrees with your opinion (and isn't lvl60), you come across as if you take this a little too seriously, not like it's fun. Maybe that's just me though. Carry on.

koneko wrote:
    I'm not really talking about the quote, just your overall attitude. Hostile attitude towards everyone that disagrees with your opinion (and isn't lvl60), you come across as if you take this a little too seriously, not like it's fun. Maybe that's just me though. Carry on.

Oh yes, I do have a hostile attitude to people that wanna turn a PvP server back into a PvE server :P. Constant endless whining from people that can't "hack it" is what get's MMORPG's destroyed. These are the people who will blame everything on "the system" or "the man". They loose to a better player in a fight and call it "overpowered" and scream for nerfs. This got paladins nerfed, who tbh in PvP were never that great, and now are pretty crap. I usually just ignore paladins in PvP as do most other horde, it's not like they can really do much with their sucky heals, suckier damage, and the amazingly overpowered consecration that hits ppl for 50 damage a tick? Not to mention that every time they use divine shield they loose all credit towards honor kills :D

So yes, I am hostile towards such people, because it's their endless non-stop whining that destroys the game. In the case of the honor system, the entire reason PvE servers and PvP servers are seperate is so that these people can quest in and play in safety without the challenge of being ganked and /or griefed. Believe it or not there are players who wanted to play that kind of game play and these players chose the PvP servers.

It's ridiculous to see the non-stop whining just cause some people picked the wrong server type :P. TBH every single "demand" the whiners are making can easily be fulfilled by moving to a PvE server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Memnoch wrote:

It's on!

Ohh France bashing, how original. By any chance you get do you get so much WoW time in as it too hot out-of-doors in Texas these days y'all!?

Im glad the Horde on my server (whom Im part of) are generally nothing like you..

Matt

EDIT: I did see that episode, but you seem to fit the stereotype a little too well yourself.. :p

Matt Simis wrote:
    Ohh France bashing, how original. By any chance you get do you get so much WoW time in as it too hot out-of-doors in Texas these days y'all!?

Im glad the Horde on my server (whom Im part of) are generally nothing like you..

Matt

gah it's pointless posting quotes from a southpark episode that people haven't even seen. The sarcasm and/or humor is lost on them.

• Advertisement

Your making this easier and easier ;)
    Memnoch wrote:
    Fear ward is the best racial skill in game :(

Its great and thats why i went dwarf priest (The exact same reason you went UD along with 50% of the horde side) but it certainly isnt the best racial skill in the game. For a start, i had to chose a race AND a class to get my situational skill. WotGG is available to an entire race ON TOP of their class skills.

Fear ward will resist one fear affect and it must be precast. WotGG makes you completely immune to fear, mez, poly, mind control and it can be cast WHILE under the effects of these spells. Dont even think of arguing that wotf isnt overpowered, the server numbers dont lie. Even blizzard admit that it is, They just want to bring other racial skills up to its level.
    Makes magmadar and onyxia 10x easier.

Carebear, move to a pve server :P
    And actually alliance have the most players no bladefist, but yes horde have the best guild(s). We were teh first to get epic loot cause we are more organised etc.

and the first to look at conquests website?:)
    AFAIK synergy have cleared as much of MC as any horde guild have.

[/quote]Alliance have yet to kill azuregos or kazzak (the two open encounters).[/quote]

I left my US char before these 2 got patched in, but isnt Azuregos a massivly horde biased raid boss? According to me old mates on US Warsong its very very very easy for horde to grief an alliance attempt due to horde warning and accesability.

Advertisement