Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol BB Software

• 25-04-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

Over on boards.iol.ie they mentioned "Advanced / Hidden Features : Open the 'Control and Status' window of the router by double clicking the CSA tray icon on your taskbar. To access the hidden features hold down LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL and click on the ZyXEL logo. "

I got my modem setup through my ethernet card where my computer does not see my zyxel (its not in my hardware manager) . My question is what sofware is used to see the advanced /hidden features because after a quick look at my iol cd theres only drivers on it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's the first I've heard of it anyway. I've used that modem on USB before and now on ethernet and there's never been an icon in the tray.

Does it say what hidden features are there? I can't imagine there would be need of any, it's just a router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭Bodan

jor el wrote:
    That's the first I've heard of it anyway. I've used that modem on USB before and now on ethernet and there's never been an icon in the tray.

Does it say what hidden features are there? I can't imagine there would be need of any, it's just a router.

This is from the same post

"This useful tool monitors a wide range of attributes which can be derived from the state of your ADSL line. The 'monitor' tab features an application which does exactly this. Most users will be interested in the 'downstream attenuation' value - which is equivalent to the BT WOOSH test result generated during activation. You'll be able to discover whether your telephone line is deteriorating or not!"

It also says you can change some of the modems software .

Iol has a bad support site with no mention of any software downloads , so like you im really interested in finding out what software it is and how to get it.

The only think I can find on the web is here and gives a link to a driver for the modem, here
    That might do, I'll try this evening anyway and see does it work.

The first link above is in German by the way, and my German is as rusty as that boat in the title credits of Father Ted. As such I don't really know what they're on about, but it does mention the CSA tray icon so maybe?

That's the software alright, but you need to connect the modem via USB, so bollox to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭Bodan

your right , good call

weird it doesnt work with a ethernet connection as thats probably the favoured connection type .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

The thing mentioned above is for the P630 modem only.

Tech Pete wrote:
    The thing mentioned above is for the P630 modem only.
    Which is the dual USB/Ethernet router that BT supply, so I don't see any problem. But it seems the software only works in USB mode though.

Advertisement