Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bollocks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Whats LGB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Lesbian gay bisexual

There is a forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=255

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Lesbian gay bisexual

There is a forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=255

lovely, thanks for clearing that up,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DublinGal

I'm with drummer on this one. There seems to be a few too many overly sensitive people in this "community".

DublinGal wrote:
    I'm with drummer on this one. There seems to be a few too many overly sensitive people in this "community".

you will have to elaborate on that drummer or sorry alter ego, dublin girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

you will have to elaborate on that drummer or sorry alter ego, dublin girl

Caught bleedin rapid....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

DublinGal wrote:

wouldn't say 'sensitive' tbh, more like, following the rules which were given for the use of boards.

and btw. thx seamus for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes and your 5 posts and april 2005 join date really signify all you know about this "community"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Gilgamesh wrote:
    could someone tell me where I can report this troll for abusive PMs?
    he's kinda filling up my mailbox.
    Like seamus said, you can put a user on ignore and get no more PMs from them but if you feel like taking it further you can forward a selection on to one of the admins.

In the past it's been the case that sending abusive messages to another user is taken very seriously and people have been banned from the site for it.

sceptre wrote:
    Like seamus said, you can put a user on ignore and get no more PMs from them but if you feel like taking it further you can forward a selection on to one of the admins.

In the past it's been the case that sending abusive messages to another user is taken very seriously and people have been banned from the site for it.

cool stuff, allthough I normally only need to be told once, hehe, thanks Sceptre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

DublinGal wrote:

If it doesn't suit you then try somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DublinGal wrote:

Sensitive?? lol

There are rules for a reason, the people on here don't expect much more than common courtesy to be shown.

You are probably too young Drummer to have realised that life isn't lived by your own rules, but by those of the society you are part of, and choose to live in.

If you want to use this website, you obey the rules.

Just as in real life, if you choose to drink in a pub, you obey their rules or you'll be kicked out.

Noone forces you to go into that pub, or this website. But when you choose to do so, you have to play by other people's rules since you are no longer in "your space".

nesf, I think you deserve an oscar for that last comment, could hear victory music running in the background while readin that.

but talking about age, adccording to his CP, he is older than me.
    think Respect would be better placed there

Giblet wrote:
    Yes and your 5 posts and april 2005 join date really signify all you know about this "community"

I used to be papschmir, but the over sensitive "moderators" took offense.

DublinGal wrote:
    I used to be papschmir, but the over sensitive "moderators" took offense.

Cute

nesf wrote:
    Sensitive?? lol

There are rules for a reason, the people on here don't expect much more than common courtesy to be shown.

You are probably too young Drummer to have realised that life isn't lived by your own rules, but by those of the society you are part of, and choose to live in.

If you want to use this website, you obey the rules.

Just as in real life, if you choose to drink in a pub, you obey their rules or you'll be kicked out.

Noone forces you to go into that pub, or this website. But when you choose to do so, you have to play by other people's rules since you are no longer in "your space".

This however does not deny one the right to object to the "rules".

Oh yes, still make you sick do we. Yet you can't stay away...

DublinGal wrote:
    This however does not deny one the right to object to the "rules".

Yes it does, as it is not a democracy, it is privately owned so what ever the owners say, goes. If you don't like it piss off (again).

Giblet wrote:
    Oh yes, still make you sick do we. Yet you can't stay away...

I'm afraid my boredom got the better of me.

DublinGal wrote:

you still here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SherriffBuck

DublinGal wrote:

my granny would get the better of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

In fairness, I think Keyzer and Gilgamesh are being a bit harsh on Drummer. There are ways to deal with things like this, in a mature and adult way. Drummer is pissed of because he has been banned for something he didn't think he could be banned for. Maybe there was a better way to deal with it? Remove post and PM or something?

I think most people posting here, who are not mods, should stop licking arse and stay out of it. I should stay out of it too - but I've just seen it happen too often when a mod says something, then mod groupies start flaming away or being rude to that person, in an attempt to rise up in said moderators estimation or whatever. So it's nice to have one person at least trying to understand your point, when 10 people are calling you a muppet etc.

The best way to deal with situations like this is in a mature and respectful way.

Giblet wrote:
    Yes it does, as it is not a democracy, it is privately owned so what ever the owners say, goes. If you don't like it piss off (again).

My opinions are also privately owned, so if you don't like them you're welcome to piss off.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont let your browser smack you upside the back of your head as you leave and never come back. Thats my job.

Drummer banned.

DeV.

my granny would get the better of you...

She has many a time, a bit wrinkly but she has a kind heart. She goes like the clappers.

DublinGal wrote:
    My opinions are also privately owned, so if you don't like them you're welcome to piss off.

Actually when they are posted here, they are owned by DeVore.

Anyway creating a new account to circumvent a ban is also bannable. Cya :eek:

Giblet wrote:
    Actually when they are posted here, they are owned by DeVore.

Anyway creating a new account to circumvent a ban is also bannable. Cya :eek:

I'll just ban you in retaliation.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kernel wrote:
    In fairness, I think Keyzer and Gilgamesh are being a bit harsh on Drummer. There are ways to deal with things like this, in a mature and adult way. Drummer is pissed of because he has been banned for something he didn't think he could be banned for. Maybe there was a better way to deal with it? Remove post and PM or something?

I think most people posting here, who are not mods, should stop licking arse and stay out of it. I should stay out of it too - but I've just seen it happen too often when a mod says something, then mod groupies start flaming away or being rude to that person, in an attempt to rise up in said moderators estimation or whatever. So it's nice to have one person at least trying to understand your point, when 10 people are calling you a muppet etc.

The best way to deal with situations like this is in a mature and respectful way.

Banned.

Just kidding, I know you mean well and want to be fair but the truth is that I dont want people who are thick enough to think that selling Adult DVD's here wasnt going to lead to problems. And he hasnt said "hey, I'm sorry, I understand now, I didnt before". He's arguing that its perfectly fine and that he was banned unfairly. I dont want someone like that around and before you say that I'm being a fascist, I'm being a dictator. I'm a benevolent one, but I'm a dictator as well.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

DublinGal wrote:
    She has many a time, a bit wrinkly but she has a kind heart. She goes like the clappers.

hahahaha, at least you gave me a laugh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Kernel wrote:
    Not knowing the rules is no excuse for breaking them. Selling adult DVDs in the FS forum is a banable offence and he was rightly banned for it. His comment on the PI forum was stupid and offensive, and stupidity is also a banable offence.
    Drummer is taking exception to Gilgamesh because he reported the post. The report a post feature is there to report posts that break the rules, not to report posts you disagree with. Gilgamesh reported a rule-breaking post, nothing more. I have done the same in the past, who remembers the "Factory pressed DVD" guy over the past few weeks and how many people reported those posts?
    And do you believe that sending abusive PMs to other members is a mature and respectful thing to do? Drummer is clearly and repeatedly breaking the rules and deserves to banned. A once off could be put down to newbieness or a mistake but when you continue with the trolling it's time to say goodbye.

I would give Drummer the benefit of the doubt if there were any doubt. But his actions, and posts in this thread, are those of a flaming, trolling muppet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement