Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bollocks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Kernel wrote:
    In fairness, I think Keyzer and Gilgamesh are being a bit harsh on Drummer. There are ways to deal with things like this, in a mature and adult way. Drummer is pissed of because he has been banned for something he didn't think he could be banned for. Maybe there was a better way to deal with it? Remove post and PM or something?

I think most people posting here, who are not mods, should stop licking arse and stay out of it. I should stay out of it too - but I've just seen it happen too often when a mod says something, then mod groupies start flaming away or being rude to that person, in an attempt to rise up in said moderators estimation or whatever. So it's nice to have one person at least trying to understand your point, when 10 people are calling you a muppet etc.

The best way to deal with situations like this is in a mature and respectful way.

tbh, I am not been harsh imo, I was directly insulted while following the Boards rules on that topic.

Also, Arse kissing is reserved for my bosses when required :D

of course there are was to deal with things in a mature and adult way, but the way that goes, is that someone asks nicely why I reported his/her thread , I gave a reasonable answer in this matter, and was abused for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DublinGal

Gilgamesh wrote:
    tbh, I am not been harsh imo, I was directly insulted while following the Boards rules on that topic.

Also, Arse kissing is reserved for my bosses when required :D

of course there are was to deal with things in a mature and adult way, but the way that goes, is that someone asks nicely why I reported his/her thread , I gave a reasonable answer in this matter, and was abused for it.

Did you have any friends when you were younger?

"I merely reported you to the teacher because you broke the no talking in class rule" Pathetic

DublinGal wrote:
    Did you have any friends when you were younger?

"I merely reported you to the teacher because you broke the no talking in class rule" Pathetic

My God,...... you revealed my entire poor life... :eek: :eek: :eek:

What will I do now,
    I know, I will hide under the opera house and play freaky music and seduce the new lead singer. Mwhahahahahaha

come up with something new, ..... PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!

are you old enough to understand the meaning of RULES.

here I will spell it out for you

R U L E S

now everybody together..... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Theres always one....

Gilgamesh wrote:
    My God,...... you revealed my entire poor life... :eek: :eek: :eek:

What will I do now,
    I know, I will hide under the opera house and play freaky music and seduce the new lead singer. Mwhahahahahaha

come up with something new, ..... PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!

are you old enough to understand the meaning of RULES.

here I will spell it out for you

R U L E S

now everybody together..... :cool:

This doesn't change the fact that you're a child who tells tales.

• Advertisement

when did I tell I tale? just out of curiousity?

Child.... hmmmm, now is that a compliment?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DublinGal wrote:
    This however does not deny one the right to object to the "rules".

Objecting to rules is all well and good, but some people seem to feel that they have a god given right to take on personal crusades against the "establishment". I have had enough "discussions" with mods over the years on here. I have objected to moderation, and to mods behaviour.

But at the same time, I appreciate that this isn't a place where I can do whatever I feel like doing. The people who created this place, and who own it and work hard keeping it up have every right to say what is and what is not acceptable. I might not see eye to eye with them all the time, but it's pointless for me to kick up a fuss about it, because at the end of the day, I am just someone who uses this website not someone who controls it.

If you don't find yourself able to conform to what is expected of you on here, then there are plenty of other bulletin board sites that have different rules, or you could set up your own site.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Kernel wrote:
    I think most people posting here, who are not mods, should stop licking arse and stay out of it. I should stay out of it too - but I've just seen it happen too often when a mod says something, then mod groupies start flaming away or being rude to that person, in an attempt to rise up in said moderators estimation or whatever. So it's nice to have one person at least trying to understand your point, when 10 people are calling you a muppet etc.

The best way to deal with situations like this is in a mature and respectful way.

Eh? Why should people who are not mods stay out of it? Is someone taking issue with a poster acting like an idiot on here automatically taken as licking arse with the mods? wtf? Yes I do agree that some people do defer too much to mods and suck up to them, but that happens on every bulletin board I'm on, live with it. Most of us have our own opinions, sometimes they agree with a mod's opinion, other times they don't.

The guy was a troll and making no qualms about breaking the rules, and in fact bitching about being called up on it. I mean seriously, you can't expect a person to be taken seriously if they do that. That the only person who agreed them was previously banned really just proves the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hey percussionist!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Gilgamesh wrote:
    cool stuff, allthough I normally only need to be told once, hehe, thanks Sceptre.
    Bah, didn't realise the reporting thing was already addressed.

/makes note to read slightly slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

DublinGal wrote:
    This doesn't change the fact that you're a child who tells tales.

Please hurry up and get banned (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

jor el wrote:
    Not knowing the rules is no excuse for breaking them. Selling adult DVDs in the FS forum is a banable offence and he was rightly banned for it. His comment on the PI forum was stupid and offensive, and stupidity is also a banable offence.

I would give Drummer the benefit of the doubt if there were any doubt. But his actions, and posts in this thread, are those of a flaming, trolling muppet.

But it's nothing to do with you really, father of superman, so why get involved in the witch hunt? I'd just say that yeah a rule was broken, it's not the end of the world, and if someone just informed Drummer of that, and did it in a mature and reasonable way, he wouldn't have any problems adhering to the rules. Yes, he has a problem wioth Gilgamesh for reporting the post, but that is a seperate issue, and nothing to do with us. I really think that most people who are not mods shouldn't post in many of the feedback issues, because all they seem to do is inflame the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Kernel wrote:
    But it's nothing to do with you really, father of superman, so why get involved in the witch hunt?
    The same logic should apply to you also.

It has nothing to do with you really Kernel, son of.. erm nut, so why get involved in the protection racket?

Kernel wrote:
    But it's nothing to do with you really, father of superman, so why get involved in the witch hunt? I'd just say that yeah a rule was broken, it's not the end of the world, and if someone just informed Drummer of that, and did it in a mature and reasonable way, he wouldn't have any problems adhering to the rules. Yes, he has a problem wioth Gilgamesh for reporting the post, but that is a seperate issue, and nothing to do with us. I really think that most people who are not mods shouldn't post in many of the feedback issues, because all they seem to do is inflame the situation.

well, why did the witch start the hunt in this case?

Also, take your own advice and keep out of it or start a new thread saying 'keep out of Feedback debates'

I did reply to drummer politely, not been insulting or anything, so where is the problem?

Wish people would stop preaching and do what they suggest others should do

Gordon wrote:
    The same logic should apply to you also.

It has nothing to do with you really Kernel, son of.. erm nut, so why get involved in the protection racket?

In fairness Gordon, I did say that it was also nothing to do with me, in my earlier post, but explained the only reason I feel like getting involved is because everyone is being rude and going against Drummer, even when it is nothing to do with them. I *do* stay out of most discussions like this, but I just think it's unfair to watch people joining the "Burn Witch!" brigade. Also, Gilgamesh is basically trying to manipulate the situation for his own personal grudge.

I *do* practice what I preach, but until someone mentions the problem, it will remain. But, I have now brought it to the attention of those in a position to make a decision on it, and so, I will bow out of this one. Sorry Drummer, looks like you have to be on your own here. :(

Kernel wrote:
    In fairness Gordon, I did say that it was also nothing to do with me, in my earlier post,
    Yes I saw that.

Therefore you should delete your posts really shouldn't you. And ask everyone else that this has nothing to do with to delete their posts. Hey, if you delete your posts that have nothing to do with this then I'll delete mine, hows about that then.

Kernel wrote:
    Also, Gilgamesh is basically trying to manipulate the situation for his own personal grudge.

I *do* practice what I preach, but until someone mentions the problem, it will remain. But, I have now brought it to the attention of those in a position to make a decision on it, and so, I will bow out of this one. Sorry Drummer, looks like you have to be on your own here. :(

I don't even know how I can have a 'personal grudge' against him, nor is he worth it tbh, I at the time I brought this issue up with Vexorg and that was enough for me.

He would be dealt with as required without my assistance in this 'witch hunt' of yours.

believe me, you don't have to manipulate anything with someone like Drumer because he dug his own grave, if I did anything about it, then I just gave him a 'nudge' into it

Gordon wrote:
    Yes I saw that.

Therefore you should delete your posts really shouldn't you. And ask everyone else that this has nothing to do with to delete their posts. Hey, if you delete your posts that have nothing to do with this then I'll delete mine, hows about that then.

Hmm... you've missed the point entirely Gordon. Anyway, to the pub and out of this thread I go!

bye bye, can we carry on tomorrow Kernel?
    Please!!!

the day went by so fast because of this

Yes Kernel I think that you should go away from this thread because you have already stated that this has nothing to do with you and you shouldn't be posting here. That's not my opinion but it is yours and it is surprising to see someone with that frame of mind.... posting here.

• Advertisement

let's just get it closed, seeing Drummer was banned afaik

Gilgamesh wrote:
    bye bye, can we carry on tomorrow Kernel?
    Please!!!

the day went by so fast because of this

You can carry on, you spa. haha.

Gordon wrote:
    Yes Kernel I think that you should go away from this thread because you have already stated that this has nothing to do with you and you shouldn't be posting here. That's not my opinion but it is yours and it is surprising to see someone with that frame of mind.... posting here.

**** personal issues tbh.

I guess you just can't stay out of things Kernel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What a load of old handbags...

Keyzer wrote:
    What a load of old handbags...

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Man, I strongly dislike kernal. Maybe if we all lick enough mod's arses we can get him banned.

I like feeding paranoia. S'fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ban this shady shabadu character for incitement of hatred.
    Let kernel be and ban pighead for implying that certain board members are shady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fuckit, lets just ban everyone. That'll cut down muppetry by 100%!

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Fuckit, lets just ban everyone. That'll cut down muppetry by 100%!

31,831 Monkeys
    31,831 Typewriters

Still a tw@t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement