Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking ticket - across the driveway!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

cormie wrote:
    Could you not just stick it on the way Clampers stick on the "Do not attempt to move this vehicle" sign on the drivers window? Or is this a sue-able offence too? Hehe. Masking tape residue and all :rolleyes:
    This was 1998, and I am not sure nowadays. There was a case where a biker sued a LA over a warden placing a ticket on a bike, it was claimed that he knocked it over.

Hence the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Bond-007 wrote:

Hence the position.

That's as ****ed up as the unions not allowing the bus drivers to use the rear doors.

once saw someone get a ticket in thier driveway....admitedly the boot of the car was blocking the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

IIRC, if a sticker that is placed on your car, for example, with the "Don't Park here again" message, leaves a trace on the window, it's criminal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bogger77 wrote:
    IIRC, if a sticker that is placed on your car, for example, with the "Don't Park here again" message, leaves a trace on the window, it's criminal damage.
    They could of course have your charged with trespass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Bogger77 wrote:

Unless the relevant act/SI allows a party to "inform" an offender by "appropriate means" or something vague like that

(I've found that most laws are vague in this way and favour the govt/official side)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

cormie wrote:
    Could you not just stick it on the way Clampers stick on the "Do not attempt to move this vehicle" sign
    I got a parking ticket in Dublin city centre in 1995 or 96, it was in a sticky envelope stuck onto the seat... :rolleyes: in spite of the fact that at the time there was not ONE legal parking space for motorcycles in the city. Shoulda fought that ticket really...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bogger77 wrote:

The law is so stupid really. They should really ammend it. Between a bit of sticker residue being criminal damage and someone robbing your house who cuts their hand on a knife can sue.. I just don't know anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

vector wrote:
    Unless the relevant act/SI allows a party to "inform" an offender by "appropriate means" or something vague like that

(I've found that most laws are vague in this way and favour the govt/official side)
    Yes, maybe the Cops can, but if it's done by a private individual, such as a security gaurd in a shopping center, the law is for the car owner.

Advertisement