Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Radio... where to go?

Options
  • 25-04-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a good on-line radio station that they listen to? I've tried the usual suspects, the Irish ones, I'm so sick of crappy Today FM and sucky 2fm. I like Lyric every now and then, But recently I was in New York and I loved some of the stations that you can get over there. I've found a few sites with the help of goggle but nothing that good.... anyone any clues?

I'd like to listen to something that has a good mix, but no pop bull s*it and no rap/hip-hop.... (ok well maybe not a good mix then)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

www.shoutcast.com
    Winamps radio server website,If you cant find music you are looking for here,youll never find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Thanks a mill! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The latest winamp library has 500 streams so something for everyone!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Not if your poxy proxy won't let you out!

Any other online sites that work through http browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

launchcast on Yahoo's pretty good. Its customised to your taste based on how you rate the songs. No DJ though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Blisterman wrote:
    No DJ though.

With my experiences of DJ's, that might not be such a bad thing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Shameless plug

Phantom FM Online

www.phantomfm.com

You need Windows MediaPlayer to tune in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks...Phantom's not my cup of tea generally. I'd avoided Yahoo's music services because of a) the subscription ads b) the lack of Firefox support. Might give it a second look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

bbc 6music is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

have to second that... BBC 6Music... Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

last.fm ???
    i prefer that to most cuz you can type in the band name and it plays songs of similar genre so there are less ****ty songs there to deal with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nicky distance

I usually check out live 365 radio. You type in a few of your favorite bands and they find radio stations that play the bands you like and similar type music. it's pretty good and free, but there are 1 minute ad breaks every 3-4 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

www.radioparadise.com

IMO one of the best Internet radio stations out there. Every song is mixed by a DJ as opposed to being chosen by a computer algorithm. They play rock, pop, jazz, classical, pretty much everything but is mixed so one song rolls into the next. No ads, only the odd message from the owner asking for donations. :)

from wiki :
    Streams are available in MP3, HE-AAC (AAC+), WMA and RealAudio in various bitrates, and can be accessed through Apple's iTunes radio tuner service as well as the SHOUTcast Radio search feature available in the Winamp player and the Shoutcast web site.

The web site offers listeners the ability to rate and comment on individual songs on the playlist, as well as songs on the Listener Review Channel, which consists of songs uploaded by listeners to be considered for airplay.

16Kb -> 192Kb links available including firewall-friendly links.

This link takes you to the current playlist. As I post the last 15 songs to have ben played are :

Arcade Fire - Rebellion
    The Cure - Disintegration
    Beatles - I Am The Walrus
    Pixies - Where Is My Mind
    The Shins - New Slang (When You Notice the Stripes)
    Led Zeppelin - What Is And What Should Never Be
    Rodrigo y Gabriela - Stairway to Heaven
    Lenard Cohen - Who By Fire (live)
    Guster - Lightning Rod
    Nick Drake - Day Is Done
    R.E.M. - Electrolite
    James - She's a Star
    The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
    Aimee Mann - Save Me
    Grant-Lee Phillips - Squint
    Turin Brakes - For The Fire

Advertisement