Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax and rent relief

Options
  • 25-04-2005 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was talking to some friends and I was shocked to find how many of them who rented never got rent relief. The same people also complained about house prices. I have a strong feeling that many landlords out there don't pay tax on thier income. The rent relief was brought in to try and catch more landlords but I doubt it works so if you rent give an answer on the pole.

Do you claim your rent relief? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    71% 5 votes
    The landlord won't sign it
    28% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

I claimed rent relief without knowing my landlord's PPSN. Just send in the form. I doubt there has ever been anyone investigated by the revenue commissioners as a result of a tenant claiming relief.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I claimed rent relief without knowing my landlord's PPSN. Just send in the form.

Same here. I even moved several times from one rented place to another and changed my address with the Revenue - they never asked for my new landlords PPS number so I didn't offer (didn't have it anyways... :) )

Advertisement