Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW Gym War I Results; Statement Regarding Blake Norton

• 25-04-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

The following are the results of Irish Whip Wrestling's April 24th 'Gym War I' show, held in our 'Frontier Gym' training school, Baldoyle, Co.Dublin:

'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero def. George McFly
    Irish Dragon def. Vic Viper
    'The Sensation' Sean South def. Blagger Number Zero
    'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Bam Katrazz
    Seamus O' Shaunessy def. 'The Pukka One' Darren Burridge to successfully defend the IwW International Championship
    Irish Dragon, Bam Katrazz and George McFly def. Red Vinny and The Blaggers in a six-man tag-team match

Also on the show, two matches were confirmed for our upcoming D-Day show [May 29th - The SFX Arena - tickets €50 (Deluxe, includes a free poster and Super Show DVD and IwW D-Day Poster/€15 General Admission) available from Wrestling Mania Store, St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre]:

Seamus O' Shaunessy vs. D'Lo Brown

'End of an Era' Three Stages of Hell Match: 'The Heretic' Red Vinny vs. Irish Dragon
    1st Fall: Pinfall Only
    2nd Fall: Submissions Only
    3rd Fall: Falls Count Anywhere

Irish Whip Wrestling would like to clarify some recent comments made by Blake Norton, former IwW Head Trainer.

Recently, Blake made a claim to state that he had essentially trained IwW Superstar 'The Heretic' Red Vinny ahead of his recent WWE tryout. While this is true, Mr. Norton's statements were very misleading.

In truth, Blake was with Irish Whip Wrestling for just six weeks before being released as head trainer of the company's 'Lock Up' training school and replaced soon after. At no point has Red Vinny credited him as a 'mentor' or stated that Blake had any role whatsoever in attaining a WWE tryout for the young star. In fact, at the moment Red Vinny has wrestled considerably more matches than Blake's seven.

IwW would like to apologise for any misconceptions.

For more information on Red Vinny and Irish Whip Wrestling, log onto www.irishwhipwrestling.com!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

lol
    I can't believe Blake actually tried taking credit for Red Vinny's WWE tryout! He seems to put a spin on everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

He does manage to pull the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. As the saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah seems like this guy "blake" is trying to annoy more people than anything else. Also seemed to have got some of his friends and guys with old accounts to defend him and his business.

I bet Dan "Red Vinny" was royally pissed when saw that thread earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

For those of you who dont know me, I am Dan. I wrestle as Red Vinny for IwW. The last year has been so great for me. I have been very blessed and very fortunite to get the chances I have recieved.

I have wrestled many MANY matches for IwW. In October of last year I wrestled for American Championship wrestling Alliance, ACWA in New Jersey, THANKS to IwW. There, I met Roman who is a current WWE house show/tv worker, and has been on WWE 3 times over the past month alone. I also had the privilage of having a long talk with ECW legend Balls Mahoney.

On the day of my 21st birthday, AJ Styles gave me an indept wrestling lesson. Once again this was all due to IwW.

Apon returning for America, I wrestled Xavier, Matt Striker and had a very enjoyable high profile match with another WWE tv worker, and NWA wildside champion at the time, Fast Eddie. This was on an IwW Show in northern Ireland.

On the same tour of Ireland, I had the complete and total honour of wrestling one of my mentors, CJ Summers. A man who has thought me so much about all the aspects of wrestling. He is a gentleman and a friend, who I have so much respect for. All the IwW wrestlers that have the pleasure to have worked with CJ have all agreed, he is one of the most under rated indie talents out there.

At the end of 2004, I had the please to wrestle Irish Dragon in Lucan GAA club. The same night Alex Shane, the owner of the FWA, europes most succesful promotion, hand picked me to be in his main event. This was also a huge honour which I embraced.

I traveled over seas again at the start of the year to wrestle for BCW in Scotland. On this show, I had the honour to meet Misawa and Ogowa, along with Tiger emperior and Doug Williams.

2005 for IwW begun with the IwW super-show and second national tour. The supershow was the greatest night of my life, in wrestling and in general. I had the honour to wrestle Jonny Storm, M-Dogg 20 and was amazed to hear that Jodie Fleish asked IwW if he could make his return in this match. This was the biggest news in European wrestling at the time.

In Waterford, I not only wrestled the legendary Raven, I had the chance to sit with him for 2 hours and have him help me with every aspect of my wrestling.

On the tour I had the chance to wrestle M-Dogg, Jonny Storm, Vid Vain, Mad MAn Manson and Cj Summers. I learned so much from this tour and especially from my trainer "The Pukka One" Darren Burridge, who is the my icon in my wrestling career. He is also one of the greatest guys Ive ever had the privilage to share a ring with.

This month, I had a try out for WWE. I found my self in a WWE ring, while Fit Finaly and Ricky Steamboat told me "I had good, strong agression and skill". At this exact moment, about three quaters of the Smackdown locker room were looking at how I conducted myself in their ring.

Last week I was told that I had just appeared on Japanese television along side wrestling the legend Misawa.

This is not name dropping. This is my wrestling CV, my resume. All this has been thanks to IwW and my dedication. The men I will thank for my success, the men I could not have done this without are

SIMON ROCHFORD, IwW promoter and owner, for putting alot of trust in me.

DARREN BURRIDGE, for his patience, friendship and for the chance to learn the art of wrestling from on of the best technically sound wrestlers in Europe.

CJ SUMMERS, for helping me with my career in, and out of the ring.

There are so many more people I would like to thank, all at the wrestling channel, Alex Shane and the FWA. Thank you all. I thank god (which is Ironic since apparently Im a Heretic :) ) everyday for what he has given to me.

Blake Norton, is a liar. He feeds off other peoples success and on name recognision. He did ATTEMPT to train me. However, due to his lack of experience, he simply couldnt. What he tought me was wrong, and thanks to Doug Williams and Darren Burridge, those wrongs were corrected.

I wanted to remain professional and quiet about CPW. But I have been dragged into this on a personal level which goes agenst all aspects of respect in wrestling and life in general.

For those of you, not involed in the Irish wrestling scene, I am sorry this has been made so public. I cant persuade you to believe me, or Blake, or anyone else. Look at all sides and make up your own minds. I trust you will see the truth in this cloud of lies.

Thank you all, so much for reading my rant :), thank you all SOOOOO much (you have no Idea how much) for helping me achive what I have, and supporting me along the way.

Your friend and mod
    Dan/Red Vinny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Yo Vinny,

I just want to congratulate you on your recent successes in the tryout for WWE and appearing on Japan tv.I hope some day I can be that successful...that would be a dream come true.I have a lot of respect for you as a wrestler and a friend.You always give the fans your best effort and make them go home happy and glad that they went to an IWW event whether its in front of 50 people or 500 people.I didn't get a chance to talk to you properly or congratulate you at Smackdown but I will see you soon when I come back next month.

Well done Heretic and thank you for all you have done for IWW,the fans and the trainees.We are all proud of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

gotta admit ole hanza put on a damn good show in waterford, how the hell you managed to pull more heat then Alex shane ill never know lol, but hows and end ever fair dues

Shin <
    the guy with the Jonny Storm sign second row

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shinzon wrote:
    gotta admit ole hanza put on a damn good show in waterford, how the hell you managed to pull more heat then Alex shane ill never know lol, but hows and end ever fair dues

Shin <
    the guy with the Jonny Storm sign second row

:D

Hanza/Red Vinny is great at pulling heat from the crowd, I was at the IWW Gymwar the other day and he has trully worked his heel character down to a fine art, he has improved so much even since the recent IWW Easter tour, he acts like a complete c**t just like HHH making you want to hate him so much and thats what makes a great, believeable Heel, the heat between Vinny and the crowd the other night was fantastic. Im dying to see how this rivalry between Red Vinny and Irish Dragon (another fantastic highflying IWW star) turns out at D-Day. With the effort Vinny puts in to his love of wrestling and dedication to IWW he deserves all the current success he is enjoying and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Good to hear of an Irish success. This is signs of a postive future. Good luck.

Advertisement