Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Return Router

• 25-04-2005 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone had a free trial with Eircom and not returned the router?
    When I cancelled my free trial it said that certain routers were the property of the user but others weren't.
    Anyone get charged for not returning one?
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why wouldn't you return it if you no longer have broadband? On the free trial, the router is the property of Eircom, unless you pay for it.

Having said that, if you have a phone from Eircom you can just ring them to take that cost off your bill and they'll do that. They don't collect the phone or ask you to return it so you get to keep, for free, the phone you were paying €4 a month for. The same might apply to the BB router, but then again maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

jor el wrote:
    Why wouldn't you return it if you no longer have broadband?

I've a few PCs and home and I can hook them up via the router.
    :)
    I was just wondering if anyone had not returned it and got charged?
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

I first got Eircom DSL in July 2003,

Does anyone know if at that time I would have paid for the Router and therefore am the owner of the router? I recall paying about €200+/- for the connection with rental as a plus.

On termination of Eircom DSL recently it was done via the web but all the forms and confirming e-mail related to DSL Trial a/c.

Any thoughts before I send it back?

Cheers,
    Peter

Advertisement