Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Census!

Options
  • 25-04-2005 4:27pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After many years we're running our first census.

What do you all think? Please go and answer the 5 polls (just 5, wont take two seconds) and then let me know what you think. Already the answers are quite interesting, not quite what I expected, though I'm not sure what I expected!

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Should be some interesting results, that's if it doesn't show that the boards community (and probably the internet in general) is mainly made up of young, single males who work in IT ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

magpie wrote:
    ;) Will the census have "Are you able to post a link on your own website?" as one of the questions?
    Sorry... what? *boggle*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

good good.

i assume you have some way to cross reference the results?
    ie what age group does what kind of work etc
    and therefore you know who said what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

done, liked it, killed some time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they could cross ref by user name if they wished - prob not neccessary for their requirements though.

DeV - I pmed you some feedback on the census.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Great
    This information will be really useful especially when it can be combined with all the other stats the site gathers automatically.

Three comments:

1. Would you consider PM or emailing all users who have been on line in (say the last 12 months) and invite them to complete the survey so as to get a really substantial response rate?

2. It might be worth explaining somewhere why you have posted the five questions as 5 separate polls. Is it purely a software thing? in which case you could post links to the other four in each thread. Or is it to reenforce the confidentiality of the survey?

3. How confidential are the survey results? Can the Admins tell which way I have now voted in all 5 polls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Sorry... what? *boggle*

DeV.

I deleted that post as you corrected the link by the time it was up. I just thought it was quite amusing that you had a "<a href= etc etc etc" when you were trying to put up a link to the census. Mea Culpa.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bollox. Thanks Dave, I'll have to leave it. though I did mean it to be from 18 UP to 22, FROM 22 up to 26. etc.

Ah, we're not trying to be all scientific, I just want to be able to tell advertises SOMETHING when they ask for demographics etc. We dont, wont and afaik, cant break this down by user or crossreference it. I'm not that interested in knowing that information anyway. Its beyond what I need. Even if we could, that information (akin to the email addresses list etc) would NOT be for redistribution. Its not our style as most of you know.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

1 - It may be a good idea to define more than "other" as a career category, at least split it into generalities like Financial, retail, healthcare, management, professional, etc...

Good work!

Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

doggiepaw wrote:
    where's the "Is devore a plank" option

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

doggiepaw wrote:
    where's the "Is devore a plank" option

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Nice census.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

heh that's one way of cutting down on repeat threads ;)

Advertisement