Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate my tattoo

Options
  • 25-04-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I got my tattoo when I was 14... yes 14! (It's body art, it's so cool... were some of the things I said) I got it done in the mint, which I don't think is there anymore. Anyway, I'm now 26 and while its only small, I hate it. I went for a consultation about having it lazered off but it sounds really painful and because there is red in it it'll take ages and it'll never be fully gone. I wish I'd gotten it done on my ar*e or something but nope, I got it done just above my right breast, so if I ever wear a strapless top or dress it shows. My boyfriend says he likes it, but he has to :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

why not put something over it.
    lazer isnt the best option. as when you get cold the black out lines show up as blue very faded but still show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Get some lovely art done over it or something that you can relate to now in your mature life. Having it lazered off will make the area look alot worse than you already think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I agree. You're in it for the long run. Tattoo over it or wear clothes over it. If you don't like how it looks now, you won't want to see it when you get it lazered off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Excuse my ignorance, but why is red the hardest to get rid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Just as a matter of interest is it possible to get it lasered off then get another one over it !? i know might be pointless but your not left with any scars then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It would be better not to tattoo over a scar.

And yes it is totally pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Lenny wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but why is red the hardest to get rid of?
    I read this before, I think its something in the red dye, that makes it harder for the laser to decompose it, blacks the easiest, with green just under red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

And people wonder why there are age restrictions on getting tats and piercings done.
    Pity they didn't card the OP on the day that she went in maybe now she wouldn't have something she hated on her body, I'm sure at the time she "knew" what she was doing like all teenagers who know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

why dont you get some of the heavy camouflage makeup that hides tattoos and scars, Angelina Jolie uses it all the time!!

Something like this:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1022577

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

silas wrote:
    I read this before, I think its something in the red dye, that makes it harder for the laser to decompose it, blacks the easiest, with green just under red.

That probably has something to do with the wave spectrum of light, red light has the biggest wavelength, next orange/yellow/green/blue/indigo/violet, and everything else between them. black doesn't give off any light.

*nerdNERDnerd*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Yeah I hate it too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

branners69 wrote:
    why dont you get some of the heavy camouflage makeup that hides tattoos and scars, Angelina Jolie uses it all the time!!

Something like this:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1022577
    haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

That probably has something to do with the wave spectrum of light, red light has the biggest wavelength, next orange/yellow/green/blue/indigo/violet, and everything else between them. black doesn't give off any light.

*nerdNERDnerd*

If something is blue, it absorbes everything except blue light, and reflects the blue.
    Black absorbes everything.
    The red ink wont absorb the red laser well, it'll reflect it instead.
    Black and blue and green ink will absorb red lasers, and break down quickly.
    To break down the red ink properly, a green laser would be the best.
    I suppose it depends on how well equipped the removal place is...

now who's the nerd?!
    stupid physics department.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Blub2k4 wrote:
    And people wonder why there are age restrictions on getting tats and piercings done.
    Pity they didn't card the OP on the day that she went in maybe now she wouldn't have something she hated on her body, I'm sure at the time she "knew" what she was doing like all teenagers who know everything.
    Totally!!!! I wish they had asked me for ID!! I mean when I think about it now it makes me so mad! I went in with two of my mates and we all looked so young!! he asked me how old I was and I said 18 and he said ok and gave me a book to pick one from...
    branners69 wrote:
    Thanks for that, I'll take a look at that see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

larryone wrote:
    If something is blue, it absorbes everything except blue light, and reflects the blue.
    Black absorbes everything.
    The red ink wont absorb the red laser well, it'll reflect it instead.
    Black and blue and green ink will absorb red lasers, and break down quickly.
    To break down the red ink properly, a green laser would be the best.
    I suppose it depends on how well equipped the removal place is...

now who's the nerd?!
    stupid physics department.

You just went into more detail than me, and you have 4 extra years of college on me. Now I'm gonna have to tell everyone about what you did to those kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I am MAN wrote:
    It would be better not to tattoo over a scar.

And yes it is totally pointless.
    My sister had an operation and was left with a massive scar across her stomach. She got a tattoo to cover it.

No complications, looks great, can't see the scar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh a lot of people get tatoos to cover their scars. Which would you prefer?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Get scarification to cover the tattoo?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

haha - shot :)

2 words to our original poster - tough sh!t! You're an idiot if you think at 14 you know what you want permanently stuck to your body. I have absolutely no sympathy! People like you make a mockery of the whole process of getting a tattoo done cause you think it'll be cool (for the next 6 months).

I'd love to own a laser removal place right now, you'd make a mint! There are so many dumb-asses who have tattoos (specifically women with the tat on the small of the back) and have given no thought to the design, position or future relevance of the ink and by rights should have "muppet" tattooed on instead of whatever "cool" looking Celtic deisgn you and the other 3000 people have chosen.

Also, artists who allow 14 year olds in should be sent to jail on GBH charges...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Kharn wrote:

2 words to our original poster - tough sh!t! You're an idiot if you think at 14 you know what you want permanently stuck to your body. I have absolutely no sympathy! People like you make a mockery of the whole process of getting a tattoo done cause you think it'll be cool (for the next 6 months).

I'd love to own a laser removal place right now, you'd make a mint! There are so many dumb-asses who have tattoos (specifically women with the tat on the small of the back) and have given no thought to the design, position or future relevance of the ink and by rights should have "muppet" tattooed on instead of whatever "cool" looking Celtic deisgn you and the other 3000 people have chosen.

Also, artists who allow 14 year olds in should be sent to jail on GBH charges...

Couldn't agree with you more dude, 14 year olds don't have a clue what "future" means, never mind "repercussions".
    I got my tatoo when I was 22 and spend a very long time thinking about it first with at least two visits to Brens there on talbot st. until I found a nice subtle gekko design.

Tatoos are permanant kids, think about that before making a mokery of the art.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Totally!!!! I wish they had asked me for ID!! I mean when I think about it now it makes me so mad! I went in with two of my mates and we all looked so young!! he asked me how old I was and I said 18 and he said ok and gave me a book to pick one from... .

In fairness he got his money and thats all he cared about I'm sure :)
    Its like pubs & off licenses that sell drink to underagers...they know its wrong but they take the chance to make money

[EDIT] I'd basically have to agree with everything smokingman said also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Kharn wrote:

2 words for you.... EAT SH*t

Kharn wrote:

As a forum moderator yourself you should really know better than to post personal abuse on any forum, you think it's different here to computers or do you put on a muppet hat when posting elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Blub2k4 wrote:
    As a forum moderator yourself you should really know better than to post personal abuse on any forum, you think it's different here to computers or do you put on a muppet hat when posting elsewhere?

hes not a moderator on this forum, and he cxan post his opinon if he likes.
    the moderator of this forum is also within their rights to ban him for insults.

if you have aproblem, report the post, dont get all smart-arsicale about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

**** happens, at least you can say I was 14 when i got this done, not many of us can claim to have done that. If it can't be removed fully then don't bother just cover it up when need be and get on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I imagine a heavy foundation would hide it anyway so removal isn't the best option, considering you'd have to use foundation to cover the remains anyway.

• at least you can say I was 14 when i got this done, not many of us can claim to have done that.

Not many of us were stupid enough to get a tattoo at 14, that's why.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How come I didnt spot this before.Anyway enough of the personal attacks.The original poster came here to ask for advice(in a roundabout way) regarding removal,hiding it etc.Or maybe the purpose was to start a discussion about the subject of unwanted tattoos.Whatever it was they didnt ask for the kind of attack Kharn gave them.
    So Kharn 2 week ban for your outburst.Pm me when its up.
    Richie

• Advertisement

hes not a moderator on this forum, and he cxan post his opinon if he likes.
    the moderator of this forum is also within their rights to ban him for insults.

if you have aproblem, report the post, dont get all smart-arsicale about it.

I'll turn your own wise words on you here, " if you have a problem, report the post". :rolleyes:

Advertisement