Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Times

Options
  • 25-04-2005 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

I was shocked at how busy UCD was today. The library was packed! I got some books but have yet to start studying. I see we're allowed use the bottom floor of the restaurant to study but I noticed some person at a desk at the top of the stairs. What's that about? Don't tell me we have to pay to use the restaurant? :confused:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

no you just have to sign in that's all. the oompa-loompas are starting to come out of the woodwork again *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I Started Studying Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah I couldn't believe how packed it was when i went to get lunch. You don't need to pay to use the resteraunt, you just hand your student card to the guy at the desk and sign in. Its quite a good place to study in, and the vending machines sell green BPM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I was going to study today. But the postman brought blank DVD's for me to play with....

Did you burn on your live plan for the next couple years?

Have babies with girl from chem& arts

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Babies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blondie83 wrote:
    Yeah I couldn't believe how packed it was when i went to get lunch. You don't need to pay to use the resteraunt, you just hand your student card to the guy at the desk and sign in. Its quite a good place to study in, and the vending machines sell green BPM!

When are we allowed in there? I heard 4pm. Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Did you burn on your live plan for the next couple years?

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Babies?

Quite frankly dear lady I'm prepared to beg, borrow, steal or make as many babies as required from, or with, anyone just so as to cause you to stop shouting at me!

You're so good to me!

*rubs your scalp in a doting manner*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

There're seats in the library if you get in early-ish.

I got one at 11am, friend of mine got one at about 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just can't study at the moment, no matter how much I try...
    Hello Mr. Failure. Nice to see you again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

RK u do sciency stuff?

Yep. 3rd year maths physics... More painful than hundreds of knuckle pushups.

Take it bit by bit.

You'll be on a roll before you know it.

1 chapter or problem sheet or past paper question at a time.

Get onto someone else from you class too, it might help.

Nothing helps when you can't look at the notes for more than about 10 minutes without wanting to cry or break stuff. *yoinks a stack of rebreakable boards*
    And I only have 9 days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

When are we allowed in there? I heard 4pm. Is that correct?

It is indeed - resteraunt open from 4 pm to 1 am, all you need is your student card to get in.

Rainbow Kirby don't worry about the exams, sure you probably know more about the stuff than you think! Just out of interest, what subjects do you do? Have you tried studying in the resteraunt yet (I swear they're not paying me for all this publicity!) Its a lot easier to concentrate there than the library - last time I tried to read a book in the library I fell asleep 3 times! :p

edit: I'm in withdrawal from training too at the moment (its been 2 weeks :( ) - have taken to walking around my house randomnly kicking light switches on and off to try and get over it! Never thought of trying to break boards though...

I'm in single honour maths physics. But I'm actually quitting it at the end of the year and switching to computer science (and I have to go back to 2nd year). It's just hell on earth trying to study for this crap... And it's just so tempting to not do the exams right now.
    And I think my training withdrawal is happening even faster... I was last training 5 days ago. But our summer training starts on Thursday :D w00t! Though I was in pretty much insanity-level training before the black belt grading so even only having training once a week still feels pretty crap. I'd love to be training 4-6 days a week given the chance.

blondie83 wrote:
    It is indeed - resteraunt open from 4 pm to 1 am, all you need is your student card to get in.

Who would want to study until 1 am? I couldn't do that anyway as it takes me an hour and a half to get home. As for you and rainbow kirby moaning about missing training, what about me? I'm having to miss sitting at home watching TV and drinking beer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I know all you are stunned by the breaking news but the lazy bollocks Zane from MTV2 has actually done some study. :) I know its shocking and hell has probably frozen over now but it's the truth.

Seriously WTF is up with all of those human beings in the library? They're everywhere!!!! :eek: I strolled in there this afternoon arrogantly thinking I'd have no bother finding a desk but no. I walked all around that godforsaken place and nothing. Luckily there was some space in ThN but that was too crampt so I went to the downstairs restaurant. Is the bottom floor open on weekends aswell???

I know all you are stunned by the breaking news but the lazy bollocks Zane from MTV2 has actually done some study. :) I know its shocking and hell has probably frozen over now but it's the truth.

You studied?! Damn I better get a move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i don't go freakin near ucd at this time of year if i can help it. Although I love that sweet false sense of security as people enjoy themselves in the sunny weather by playing football frisbee etc... :D

For study when my house is too busy or noisy i'd use the public library(always mostly empty) before i'd go into the asylum that is ucd library from april 20 onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I am not studying. I cannot, and will not study... And I don't care. 2nd year twice doesnt bother me, going into final year without knowing wtf is going on DOES bother me. So... f**k it.

Besides, if anyone asks, I liked 2nd year so much I did it twice!!!! That's the line I'm stickin to anyway...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Earlsfort terrace isn't much better. I thought'd i'd escape from the mad house that is belfield at the minute - ET was bloody packed! Heard that the library on the Blackrock campus is very quiet if anyone's out that way.

The library in Belfields really not that bad lads.
    I don't know what everyone's complaining about.
    There really are seats.

The library in Belfields really not that bad lads.
    I don't know what everyone's complaining about.
    There really are seats.

Toilet seats don't count. :D

:p

Uh-oh, invasion of the smilies...

Is that what it is?

I just thought they were geek-flirting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

and in blackrock u can get free ballygowan water theyve got specially filter thingy out there and u can have your own desklamp if u want.In the terrace studying today-its not 2 bad but sum engineering fella beside me took his shoes off and so had to come out for a breather-lads dont take your shoes off please!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

nasty!

best of luck to all ye studying!

Advertisement