Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program to monitor bandwidth usage...

• 25-04-2005 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been using DUmeter but my trial is over any freeware programs out there that i could use

thanx

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although its not freeware Netlimiter monitors usage and allows you to limit upload and/or download for specific programs
    VERY usefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CaptainSparrow

Try this, www.paessler.com/prtg

Take a look at the guided tour first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

hehe, good call,
    there is a difference between a traffic monitor, and a bandwidth monitor :-)
    prtg is a good monitor for your router throughput, ive used it and it works very well, and is free to use if only monitoring 1 device

i use DUMeter for keeping track of my pc bandwidth and traffic usage ( which in conjunction with prtg, can tell you what bandwidth you use, and also what bandwidth is used by others on your network )
    prtg = total traffic through router
    dumeter = traffic from your computer
    prtg - dumeter = traffic from others on your network

and by default, the snmp community string is 'public' and the ip is just that of your router :-)

i have used netlimiter also, but it has caused problems with some other programs that i had , so i tend not to use it any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CaptainSparrow

Nice one JNive,

I use DUMeter as well! I think its well worth paying 16 euros for. I've never had any problems with it.

Advertisement