Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Metal Panic

• 25-04-2005 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here know how many episodes/seasons of "Full Metal Panic" there is? I saw a clip of it, and it looks pretty good. Also, is "Full Metal Panic" the english name for it, or is it called something else over here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I think there's one season with 24 episodes.

And yes, Full Metal Panic is the English name for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

There was a second series called Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!, which was 13 eps long (iirc) and consisted entirely of the more light-hearted (and better!) side of the series. A new series called Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid is currently in production. A promo has been released.

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

24, you say? Cool. Just checking was there more than one season to track down on ebay, amazon, etc.

Reminds me of Gundam Wing, tho. Not so much the robots, but the characters, and the hero & damsel in distress scenario. Or are all such Japanese cartoons the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Err... other than the mecha, it is nothing like Gundam Wing. Well, in fairness, youve got the quiet military type for a main character, but Sagara Sousuke and Heero Yuy are nothing alike. The same goes for Kaname Chidori and Relena Darlian.

Also, you'll note that humour is what FMP does best, whereas Gundam Wing was an epic war drama. I can see where youre coming from, but I think any similarities are purely superficial.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Asuka wrote:
    Err... other than the mecha, it is nothing like Gundam Wing. Well, in fairness, youve got the quiet military type for a main character, but Sagara Sousuke and Heero Yuy are nothing alike. The same goes for Kaname Chidori and Relena Darlian.

Also, you'll note that humour is what FMP does best, whereas Gundam Wing was an epic war drama. I can see where youre coming from, but I think any similarities are purely superficial.

A
    True ... I will consider FMP more like a mix between Gundam Wing and Love Hina :) that's for all the slap and kick that the poor guy is taking in the head :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement