Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge traffic to Google

Options
  • 25-04-2005 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Last week on a particular day a single PC in my workplace sent over 1 Gb of data and recieved 700Mb of data to a range of IP addresses all owned by Google. Then it just stopped.

Have done numerous spyware scans incase summat was spoofing or piggy backing Googles' IPs. Nothing strange at all. Apart from that there is nowt strange on the PC - Firefox, GNotify the only google enabled tools.

It doesn't make sense at all. The rest of this PC's Internet traffic combined just about approaches this mark.

Anyone ever see a spike like this? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gmail attachments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Nope, total mailbox size was 1Mb all week. It's my PC and I have no idea why it was happening of course we only noticed the spike after the fact.

One of my PC neighbours was mail large amounts of data via GMail and his traffic doesn't approach mine at all.

Good idea tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

GMail notifier gone mad?

Advertisement