Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite a strange thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

there's a guy who must live in dublin's busáras, who must be a very unlucky chap, because everytime I've been there he always tells me about how he lost his ticket to Galway/Limerick/Sligo/Wales/INSERTotherPLACEhere and by any chance would you pay for his fare?

Once I offered to buy him a ticket, but strangely enough he had no interest in that, only cash would do. He must have had his reasons I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Probably one of them types that doesn't like people handling their tickets

Can't blame him, really. Have you seen the state of some people, they're pure filthy

Saw our dear man John today, sitting outside the blue note, necking a bottle of buckfast.

Upon my shout of, "Howya keepin' John?" He raised his bottle in salute before shouting in joyous wino gibberish. My heart glowed with pride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

One time Warty Norma asked me and my dad for a couple of euro to buy some milk for her 12 children! seriously 12! my dad just turned around and said I don't believe you! it was priceless!

SeanPuddin wrote:
    One time Warty Norma asked me and my dad for a couple of euro to buy some milk for her 12 children! seriously 12! my dad just turned around and said I don't believe you! it was priceless!

I dunno.... A woman that attractive, I know I'd want to have 12 babies with her!

Seriously though.... ewwwww... if that's true, she must be fairly loose!
    Riding her would be like, throwing a sausage down Shop Street.

Ohhhh... dear god.... visuals!!!! Oh... it's horrible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I dunno.... A woman that attractive, I know I'd want to have 12 babies with her!

Seriously though.... ewwwww... if that's true, she must be fairly loose!
    Riding her would be like, throwing a sausage down Shop Street.

Ohhhh... dear god.... visuals!!!! Oh... it's horrible!

Who cares! If she was as tight as a penny, what difference does it make!

Its BLEUGHHHHHHHHHHH face

But that is pretty funny. The image of 12 kids being fed with "a couple of euros" worth of milk.

A litre of Dawn lo-fat between 6 of them.

"And... a drop for you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and.... well I'm sure you could suck some watery discharge from the bottom of the packet! There's a good boy!"

You could probably feed her family on the thick yellow discharge from the warts on her face!

You could probably feed her family on the thick yellow discharge from the warts on her face!

I need to be sick.

I need to be sick.

Hush now! It's okay!

I'll hold your head over the bowl so that you don't make a mess all over your new dress...

(Sorry! Talking to my cousin!)

Emmm... suck it up! You're a man, you need images like these, they make you strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I thought her name was granny macdonagh. Any one see her in the Advertiser when they were opening the galway oster festival . Right behind the man opening it with a fag in her mouth priceless. Ill lokk for a picture in awhile

gob_smacked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

biko wrote:
    I have come across her a couple times

Ahem!Couldnt pass that one up!

Was at the bus stop sometime last year(i'm not that familiar with these crazies as ye are:p) when some drunkie started ranting at me and accusing me of calling the gardai on him. i was trying really hard to keep a straight face,but the more i giggled,the more he ranted. classic i tells ya!

Was on the bus home a few weeks back,we were stuck in traffic on prospect hill when there's this bum at the side of the bus. so i start waving madly at him,he sees me,starts waving back,produces a naggin of jemmy,open is and drinks to me! Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I thought her name was granny macdonagh. Any one see her in the Advertiser when they were opening the galway oster festival . Right behind the man opening it with a fag in her mouth priceless. Ill lokk for a picture in awhile
    Any luck finding that? I tried before but their archive only went back as far as the week after that photo.

Somebody told me once that she's the queen of the tinkers

Somebody told me once that she's the queen of the tinkers

What with her stunning beauty, she could pass for princess!

Also, i think you need a King of tinkers to be a Queen. And I pity any foo' who try to tap that $hit!

Also, slighty off-topic... but today, I had a good aul' chat with our John and he offered me half a bottle of buckfast... truly it is the season of giving and goodwill.

This is actually a great thread. It's amazing the mythics surrounding the old hag, be her name Granny McDonagh, Queen of the Tinkers, Warty Nora or whatever the hell she's called.

I'd love to see that picture....

And red you mofo.....thought you weren't home....I've been off work since 5 :(

And red you mofo.....thought you weren't home....I've been off work since 5 :(

Emmm emmm... I'm not red... I'm his demented half brother... Fiachra!

True though... I didn't expect to be home tonight, and I shall be gone by the crack of 10.30 tonight... though I go sleep now.

Need talk to you soon, about possible creative project.

On another note, the rain caused a large group of winos to crowd into the laneway beside Abrakebra (the one that leads down to Karma). They were highly intoxicated and had a filthy little dog with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the way everyone speaks of the homeless, you'd swear galway was ankh morpork

JIZZLORD wrote:
    you'd swear galway was ankh morpork

Oh Thank you!!!! That is just what the doctor ordered, a Terry Pratchett reference.

On another note, a girl from my course is doing a documentary on homeless and winos... so I can feast my beady eyes on them all day long, now in college, and laugh my little red arse moist!

Ah Robocop, when ever will you learn? (That's a rhetorical question!!!)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Dennis broke his ankle at one point and was confined to crouches(sp), and whilst I was walking through town with my best mate, he decided to try and hit her in the face with one of them, out of the blue and for absolutely no reason at all... Thankfully he was rendered incapable of moving too much thanks to his injury and, of course, his drink related disposition so we managed to avoid him the second (and third) time he tried to take a swipe at us.

Wether people consider him a genius or not, I really don't condone that kind of ****, and whilst yes, he may be a shambling drunken mound and probably hasn't a clue about half the things he does, that's no excuse for him to randomly attack people, chase people down or cause hassle for folks in the streets.

I have no issue against wino's, that's their problem, but I will not entertain them either.... Funnily enough, some of them are bloody loaded with cash, so why they have to resort to this madness, I'll never understand.

RopeDrink wrote:
    that's no excuse for him to randomly attack people, chase people down or cause hassle for folks in the streets.

Yes.... it is! That's the whole point of winos! Why would God create them otherwise? (That's NOT a rhetorical question)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

DS wrote:
    Yea I know the lad with the radio, sits opposite the Front Door yeah? And yer man with the symbals opposite powells.

Oh yeah, the guy doing the balancing act with the radio on his head, what a fruit cake!!! I thought i saw that symbals guy coughing up something rather similiar to blood one day, was not pretty!!!

Whenever i go past i think its a metal thing hitting a flag pole or something, then i realise the Hobo with the symbols was let out again to do his encore. Some body really should tell him that trying to sing something might earn him more money, or fu*k off, whatever works!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

gob_smacked

Whats the story with her sitting down next to you in supermac's when you are absolutely starving and just got a huge feed of crusty chicken tits, take one look at her warty crusty ridden face and think "i wonder are those warts contagious, if not im sure something is" and **** off away from her ASAP as you have now lost your need for food cos it reminds you of her crusty face...

Im sure she has a nice personality...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

DS wrote:
    Yea I know the lad with the radio, sits opposite the Front Door yeah? And yer man with the symbals opposite powells. Course none of them will ever beat Dennis. Is he dead now? He tried to chase me once after making eye contact but he was so locked I was able to outwalk him.

a friend of mine started roaring at him one night... :D
    told him to clean himself up a get a job - guy was so shocked he was actually quiet for 5 minutes

a friend of mine started roaring at him one night... :D
    told him to clean himself up a get a job - guy was so shocked he was actually quiet for 5 minutes

Ah sure! You can't really be angry with John.... One look at his cheery deposition and everything is right again! Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

anyone ever come across two red haired travellers aged maybe 15 or 16 that stand at the entrance to the bus station every night and whistle at all the girls that go by?!

C-J wrote:
    anyone ever come across two red haired travellers aged maybe 15 or 16 that stand at the entrance to the bus station every night and whistle at all the girls that go by?!

*GASP* FCUK! Caught red-handed! (and red-haired)

I always knew it was you with the Burberry hat with red hair poking out and skinny tracksuit bottoms tucked into your white knee high socks screaming obscenities at the unfortunate hot girls that happen to walk by!

C-J wrote:
    I always knew it was you with the Burberry hat with red hair poking out and skinny tracksuit bottoms tucked into your white knee high socks screaming obscenities at the unfortunate hot girls that happen to walk by!

*SOB SOB* (buries ginger head in hands) So true!

Im sure theres therapy out there for somebody of your... description? Either that or rehab!

My mother tried to stab me to death with a pencil when i was a baby, but unfortunately she missing all my vital organs, and left me completely incontinent, I am now doomed to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of my pitiful life!

• Advertisement

that and being a ginge you poor baby life hasnt been easy has it! Ah no used to go out with a ginge, lovely guy, couldnt stop laughing every time i saw him naked though your pubic hair is hysterical. Kinda spoiled the mood!

Advertisement