Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite a strange thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

C-J wrote:
    you're just saying that cos your a self confessed nerd!
    Says the one with the higher postcount...

What a disappointing and childish put-down :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Agh postcount politics... begone!

Well (seeing as you must have read my profile) at least you didn't choose to go down the "NUIG is better than GMIT" line:p Cheers!!

Ar aon nós, I apologise for previous post, i'm on a bit of a "bitter against women" kick lately at times. Male issues!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Aw honeyz im not being childish im simply facing harsh reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nashox

I afraid to say, they are a dying breed. But continuing on about bicycles, there is this one guy around Oranmore, I don't think he's a wino or anything, but every morning about ten past eight, he will cycle in Oranmore village and start praying and shouting at the library, after that he approaches me and tells one of his notoriously crap jokes :p

What's the dead center of Ireland? The graveyard! :D:confused:

He's mad as a hare, but I think he's great. lol :D

ya, he stops everyone in oranmore that isnt moving and tells a stupid joke.

i got this one, "whats worse than a pie in the face??..a pioneer" oh lord lol:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

nashox wrote:
    "whats worse than a pie in the face??..a pioneer"

Oh for the mercy of all that is holy... no!!!

• Advertisement

I saw Robocop today... stone sober and toting that wee afro that he has.

Kinda strange, not to see him stumbling around and shouting at the top of his lungs

Time to revive this tyranical despot of a thread!

much like a ginger phoenix.... Cha!

Did anyone see Robocop getting arrested in the square today...

I laughed and laughed and laughed... and then I started a chant.... "Free Robocop... free robocop"

Twas gloriously brillant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Robocop? Was that the guy in the white t-shirt? Heh, it was like a Roman spectacle, everyone watching from the terraces - I mean steps...

Robocop? Was that the guy in the white t-shirt? Heh, it was like a Roman spectacle, everyone watching from the terraces - I mean steps...

True!

It took 2 cops (who were sober, he wasn't) to restrain his powerful hulk, they twisted his arms all over the shop, but he still put up a fight. To top it all off, he was laughing when they finally managed to put him in the car....

ah yes! I was watchnig form the steps, unaware that to my immediate right an ambulance and a squad car were parked...the Gardai's handling of the situation was admirable, no cuffing or manhandling, just gently tugging him along...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

robocop?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

JIZZLORD wrote:
    robocop?
    yeah, who's this?
    We need more photos of these "special" people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i think redhairdguy stalks mini man and robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

I have a friend who made a documentary on galway winos. John actually has a wife and kids who he is still living with. He has parkinsons and thats why he goes mad after drinking. I used to work in the front door and we would look afer his radio at night for him and he is actuallly very nice when he is sober.

The guy with the symbols is a bad egg spent time in jail for allegedly killing his wife!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

One of the guys begging on the street came up to me the other day and said the usual, "any spare change".

And you know the way you tap your pockets and say "sorry dont have any".

Well i go and tap my pockets forgetting i have a load of change i just got in a shop cause they had no notes in the till. A nice loud clang on coins rang out.

I nearly burst out laughing but i just walked away. Feel kinda guilty. lol.:D

I nearly burst out laughing but i just walked away. Feel kinda guilty. lol.:D

You should have slapped him on the nose and screamed "Bad boy! Sit! Sit! I SAID, SIT GODAMN IT!!!!"

It's the only way they learn...

On another note, A wino came up to me last night and began explaining how after an incident involving a metal bar and the side of his head, he doesn't hear too well... I felt somewhat sorry for him and then my imagination began to wander as to how he ended up getting hit with a metal bar... I had to contain my laughter, and run away.... yes... I was wearing shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

Rredwell wrote:
    There used to be a youngish man on a bike who would cycle from the traffic lights at the top of Wellpark down towards Michael Collins Road (not sure if that's Connolly Ave or not) every morning, and when he saw you he'd whelp in joy and raise his fist in the air. I used to interpret it at his joy of commuting so speedily. But he isn't there anymore. Perhaps he bought a car?
    I know this guy you are talking about and he is from castlegar i wont mention his name,i used to work with him a few years ago again i wont mention that either,he is a little on the hyper side though i dont think he drinks afaik or can remember,he holds down a full time job and is a serous grafter,you will never see him in bad form either

you will never see him in bad form either

Always a great trait in a person!

jabberwock wrote:
    The guy with the symbols is a bad egg spent time in jail for allegedly killing his wife!!

What?!

jabberwock wrote:

Yeah.. there's really no way that correct... He's as harmless as a bottle of maple syrup.

On another note, Robocop and his cronies were eyeing me up today in the square... the man was wearing a fúcking wooly jumper... OMFG!

So I went over and said hello, bad idea... very bad idea.

• Advertisement

what happened after you said hello?!

he attempted to grope me....

I ran like I had the clap... which I do have in fact!

Then last night, he approached me outside Vivo.... I stupidly said "Howya Robocop!". He ran up to me and yelled "Who fúckin called me Robocop?".
    i pointed up the street and told him they ran that way, but the drunken baker knew better and caught me out.

He then cornered me and continued to shake my hand, yelling, that my arms were very very very very white, i countered saying he looked like he had been baked in a fúckin oven. He laughed, and mumbled something about them not letting him in... and sure he wouldn't go in even if they let him.. the bástards.. Accordingly.

i laughed uncomfortabley, and he then called me Harry Potter, and then legged it down the street.

The bástard, or somewhat.

Anyway the moral of this story is... Robocop is extremely brown and is obsessed with Harry Potter. Bástard, and suchlike.

The man was asleep, and so docile... so I snapped this!

pic0456bj.th.jpg

click for full view!

For those who do not know what Robocop and John look like:

Here,

John, having a meander around, with can and fag!
    goodmanjohn9qq.th.jpg

Master Robocop, having a bit of a typical stalk through the square!
    stalkingrobocop4ho.th.jpg

Click for bigger view, also apologies for dodgy camera work.. Robocop was far away, and John was moving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Jeez,the amount of time you spend around the square they must be thinking the same about you "Dares dat feckin Ginge agin".
    Well done,i know yer man Robocop to see about,although im a bigger fan of john.

padi89 wrote:
    Jeez,the amount of time you spend around the square they must be thinking the same about you "Dares dat feckin Ginge agin"

Oh... It's sick, how much time I spending just bumming around there! Most weekdays you'll see me there! Climbing trees or acting the díck.

You do fast become known to the winos in the square.. John will always recognise me, and come over (though that's not always a good thing...)

But anyway, I shall presevere, I aim to get a shot of all the characters around Galway, so that folks will know who we are talking about when we mention them!

*KD... You're next on my list!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

*KD... You're next on my list!*

You brave b4stard! Better get some sprint training done!

padi89 wrote:
    You brave b4stard! Better get some sprint training done!

Oh yeah...:eek: I seen that mo'fo run.. and he's no force to be taken lightly...

It was soooo damn hot today, but still the winos were wearing wooly jumpers...jesus... I don't understand those drunken foos

On another note, here's another chap to add to our list.

A nobleman, of bald stature, always carries around a football with him...

Will always come over to a group and just sit down, rambling on and on about nothing. He's realy pervie aswell

This fellow has swift become known as.... get this... "Jack Charleton"

Anyone know him?

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread in honour of the return back to college/secondry/primary/playschool that some of us are experiencing.

I'm sure now, that the summer is over, the winos will descent from their private villas and once again prowl the streets of Galway, scaring/amusing young and old alike.

Saw the jesus lookalike last night... usually always drinks cans of Guiness outside the King's Head. He was in fine form, gyrating around and baptising people here and there. Ya gotta respect his moxy!

Advertisement