Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imate SP3i Question for Dubwireless

Options
  • 25-04-2005 10:09pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi Dubwireless,

I got an Imate SP3i and all I can say is wow this is the complete phone it is amazing better than any SE or Nokia phone I have ever used. Can you give me the settings for getting MSN messanger going. I am on Pay later vodafone with GPRS.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've had a smartphone for nearly 2 years (MPX200 followed by the SP3) and I love them. I'd never go back to the dark side.

This is a post I have bookmarked (although I know the settings off by heart by now...)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1598875&postcount=22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

TmB wrote:
    I've had a smartphone for nearly 2 years ....

3 years for me, going on 4 :D

Just to clarify TCP/IP, there are no special settings for messenger, as long as you have valid GPRS setup then you're good to go!

also check out agile messenger!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks lads reallyappricate it I will give it a go. I know I am going to keep this phone for a month and upgrade it to the C550 ummmm tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, the 550 would seem sweet alright. Still not too sure on its looks - will have to see one in the flesh, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Or you could wait a month or two longer for the C600? :)

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php

• Advertisement

got the internet working but is there any way to get to the vodafone wap page to come up. also i have connected to my work exchange server over the internet put it says the page uses frames but the application on the phone does not support it anybody have any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

if you want to connect to exchange, you need to use the /oma directory. so insted of connecting to yourexchangebox/owa, it would be yourexchangebox/oma. you might also want to play with syncing to your exchange box. thats done in active sync. if you go into start, activesync, menu, options, server settings, connection, type your exhchance username, password, domain, sevrer name, etc, and weather your exchange box requires SSL (most probably do) you should be able to sync. there are a few requirements on the server though (Outlook mobile access should be enabled and so should active sync. as your admin).
    Hope this helps! I have a imate smartphone 2 with exchange 2003 and it works great!

thanks for the reply, I got the active sync working no problem with exchange but if I am out of the office is there any way I can do a send and recieve

yea. go to active sync and and hit the sync button. it should connect to your GPRS connection and, as long as your exchange box is internet facing, it should connect to that and sync. Hopefully it works for you. my exchange box only has an incomming port 25 connection, so i have to connect though a VPN connection, which i have done on my PPC, but not the smartphone, yet...

ah that is the problem our exchange server is not internet facing we have to use outlook web access to get our mail remotely. when are changing this over the coming weeks is there anything we should be looking out for when doing it

• Advertisement

Well, in theory, if you can get access to OWA, you can do an exchange active sync on your phone. thats a theory anyway...

Advertisement