Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible ping in CoD! Any ideas?

• 25-04-2005 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

There's a bit of history behind this, but I've recently had my IOLBB 're-connected' . Up until I lost it (about 3 months ago) gaming was fine - pings of 20/30 in CoD.

Now, even though I've been upgraded to 1Mb, I have terrible ping times - 140+. This at any time during the day/weekend/night.
    I've a few other posts here about my BB connection; soory for the cross-posting, but it's driving me batty not knowing a) what's wrong and b) is there something wrong at all. I've grabbed this from the Zyxel sys. diag - can anyone tell me if it's good/bad.

Downstream..
    relative capacity occupation: 11%
    noise margin downstream: 46.0 db
    output power upstream: 2.0 dbm
    attenuation downstream: 18.0 db

Upstream...
    relative capacity occupation: 18%
    noise margin upstream: 30.0 db
    output power downstream: 17.5 dbm
    attenuation upstream: 14.5 db

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 budrick

ur not da only one with a prob ,,ever since they did that dam upgrade ping times have goten worse . i play mohaa and regular go to xpesidents game server or uk or mainland ,before i had ping of 80 to 130 but now if i get below 200 im lucky. esat say its a prob with eircon lines and nothing dat they can do bout it ,but i dont believe them and this was after they said my modem was faulty and sent out a replacement and i still have a prob ,,,,,i dont think any of them have a clue!!!!

also have same modem and ur stats are almost the same as mine ,very little difference,

Advertisement