Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP in Europe in Sep...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

€250 as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So pretty much what we've thought all along then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I smell "rip-off Ireland/Europe" again ... Its €195 in the US at the moment ($250) ... with the saved €55 you could nearly by two games as well (€55 = $75);

my bro is heading over to US in May, wonder how many PSPs he can fit in his suit-case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

€250 !! without a game!! That's just silly. I know its pretty - but with a battery life as little as 3hours its by no means the complete package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

Oh well, since they aren't offering ANY incentive to wait for the official release, I reckon I'm going to import.

I was hoping for SOMETHING from them as a little extra for making us wait this long, but this seems to be a very poor showing from Sony to their European customers. Of course, the added insult to the injury is the price, compared to the US and Japan.

Shame on you, Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

for the love of god, please! dont start the battery life argument again :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats it I'm applying for a credit card and never buying anything in europe unless it's a simultaneous release of some AAA title like zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I hear that : Europe the ar$e hole of the gaming universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

Terrible release time imo why pay 250 on a handheld when the first of the next generation consoles is only 2 months away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just bought a brand new value pack and ridge racers for under €300 on ebay last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Value pack+1gig memory stick+game(s) = I think ill put than money aside for a next gen console!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

yeah - I've officially stopped buying games in Ireland.

VGplus sent me mercury for my psp yesterday. 39 flippin euro including postage.

Screw Ireland. and screw european game releases. Im going back to playing on the PSP that I've for nearly half a year now. Importing is our only choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

at least u will be bored of it before the next gen consoles get released :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

glimmerman wrote:
    the added insult to the injury is the price, compared to the US and Japan.

Shame on you, Sony.

But if the dollar makes a recovery V the € to the level it was at a couple of years back when it was one for one, the price would seem good. It' snot really comparible in that respect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't fool yourselves, the machine is going to fly off the shelves and out the doors of your local game shop, regardless of the price overseas, most people have no idea of other countries price structures for the PSP, why would they.
    They are just picking up what little Johnny or Molly wants for Xmas, and with a game or two expect the average spend to be €350.

The DS may be cheap in comparison but will probably be seen as the plainer sister that no one wants to ask out to dance at this particular Christmas party.

Watch for the market place saturation by Sony of every available media type with its PSP paraphenalia.

And don't see the price as insulting, the price here was always going to be a direct translation of the dollar to euro, was on the DS and no surprise here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

Stekelly wrote:
    But if the dollar makes a recovery V the € to the level it was at a couple of years back when it was one for one, the price would seem good. It' snot really comparible in that respect.

Hmmm, I doubt the dollar is going to recover any time soon.
    The price is "good" because of course they're going to make loads of money on the games. $59 for a game... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Some games may justify this (GTA where are you :D ), but I suspect I won't be waving my cc around buying new games for it. Ebay is your friend :)

Its a money spinner of note for Sony.

But its very annoying to see how they are treating Europe. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Boycott.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

the dollar will be heading south for some time, thanks to that moron Bush and the huge dept he is creating, usa deserves him.

re PSP why would anyone wait until spetember when you can but it cheaper now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

glimmerman wrote:
    Hmmm, I doubt the dollar is going to recover any time soon.
    The price is "good" because of course they're going to make loads of money on the games. $59 for a game... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Some games may justify this (GTA where are you :D ), but I suspect I won't be waving my cc around buying new games for it. Ebay is your friend :)

Its a money spinner of note for Sony.

But its very annoying to see how they are treating Europe. Very annoying.

you can pickup the games for 35-40 dollars in Canada

Advertisement