Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clocks in heaven

• 26-04-2005 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

The late Pope John Paul II was standing at 'the gates' discussing things with St Peter.

Behind St Peter was a huge wall with an enormous number of clocks on it, and the Pope was inquisitive about these clocks.
    Said Peter, "These are lie clocks. Everyone alive and dead has a lie clock, and each time they tell a lie one second is added to the clock. So when they come up here we know whether the person is also telling us fibs to get in".

The Pope thought this was a great idea, so he asked to see his clock. Sure enough, the hands were stuck on midnight never having moved.

The Pope had never told a lie in his life. A couple of clocks to the left were a clock with the second hand at 5 seconds past midnight.

The Pope pointed at it and enquired, and was told "That was Lord Nelson's clock, he told 5 lies during his lifetime to hide his affair with Lady Hamilton".

The late Pope was greatly impressed by this, so he asked where Britain's Prime Minister "Tony Blair's" clock was...

"Oh that's not on the wall. Jesus has moved that into his office... he's using it as a desk fan".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well I laughed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I didnt. Might be too early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I like it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, its pretty funny, good one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

Good one indeed.... they would be a good invention all right hehe. Mine would be at midnight too........... of course!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I thought it was good. But I wonder how someone could think of such a peculiar joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

quank wrote:
    I thought it was good. But I wonder how someone could think of such a peculiar joke...
    They did it about 10 years ago and then someone substituted the original "dead man" with the late Pope.

Advertisement