Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Wine

• 26-04-2005 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are some vinyards in Ireland.. not many i would think.

I got a wine from Avoca "wine of the glen" it was a nice blackcurrant wine i think.. it was very nice.

Anyone know where to get Irish wine?

While on the subject of wine.. in the US you can get 5l boxes of wine.. cheap but well cheap... even cheap wine is great for cooking if it does not taste too good.. anyone know where i can get similar here? I have seen 2L at most and its expensive.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My parents tried Irish wine once in their wine tasting group. I was told it tasted predominantly of cabbage and not in a nice way. AFAIK it came from a vineyard somewhere in the south east....maybe wexford? I'll have to go check.

Have you tried Aldi for the big bottles of wine? I know they used to do really cheap wine in quite large bottles a couple of years back, I used one to make some mulled wine. Couldn't tell you what measurement it was though.

Advertisement