Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the name of the $3 newsgroup

• 26-04-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

as above, there was a post recently about a newsgroup that offers a 3 day trial for 3 dollars or something like that for all u can eat downloading. anyone know the name of it, i have tried searching unsuccessfully.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

lomb wrote:
    as above, there was a post recently about a newsgroup that offers a 3 day trial for 3 dollars or something like that for all u can eat downloading. anyone know the name of it, i have tried searching unsuccessfully.
    Not trying to be smart, but i put "newsgroup $3 trial" into google and it came up with http://www.ultrafeed.com/ Is that the one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

maybe i amnt sure, that one says copyright 2003 underneath doesnt inspire confidence but maybe it is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

This thread perhaps? (Teranews have a full feed with binary groups and up to 50MB/day download for a once-off registration fee of $3.95)

no i think its the other one. esat reset my april cap the other day to zero when it was up to 20 gig due to the migration from 1mb to 2mb. so i have 20+gig to use in the next few days. <snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No talk of you know what please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

lomb wrote:
    maybe i amnt sure, that one says copyright 2003 underneath doesnt inspire confidence but maybe it is it?
    They seem to resell service from usenetbilling.com (ultimately using news servers at nibble.net), whose digital certificate for signup has been expired for over a month ... maybe best to avoid allright!

Other resellers of the same service seem to include bubbanews, teranews, yottanews etc.

Another "$3 for 3 days" is http://www.usenetserver.com/
    Good luck :)

iano wrote:
    They seem to resell service from usenetbilling.com (ultimately using news servers at nibble.net), whose digital certificate for signup has been expired for over a month ... maybe best to avoid allright!

Other resellers of the same service seem to include bubbanews, teranews, yottanews etc.

Another "$3 for 3 days" is http://www.usenetserver.com/
    Good luck :)

i went with usenetserver. very good, downloading a a steady 212 k/ sec so 10 gig in 12 ish hours? not too bad!

Advertisement