Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Kazaanova wrote:
    The Xbox has always aimed to be just a gaming machine.
    *Rubs eyes* *Realises what was just said*

You're kidding right? You must be kidding. I refuse to believe you're not kidding as that would mean we have de-evolved as a species.

Proud Nintendo fanboy Hugh Hefner speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kazaanova wrote:
    The Xbox has always aimed to be just a gaming machine. Its the PS2 has always been the jack of all trades.

bahaha
    If thats what you think then you should be banned from the games forum...or at least stopped from expressing any kind of views on anything game related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Ciaran500 wrote:
    When you mod a Xbox it can become a complete media centre. What you mean the PS2 is the jack of all trades? They both play DVDs and music CD's and you can rip music onto your Xbox.

I mean that the PS2 was marketed, and sold so well, because it diddnt look like or come off as "kids toy". It looked like a proper peice of home entertainment. It could easily sit beside your DVD player and whatever else, and look in place. Unlike the Gamecube or even the Xbox. Its just the direction Sony go in, look at the PSP.

I don't see whats wrong with saying the Xbox is a gaming machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Kazaanova wrote:
    I don't see whats wrong with saying the Xbox is a gaming machine.
    There's nothing wrong with saying it's a gaming machine. There is something wrong with saying that it's just a gaming machine.

Edit:
    Side note:

I came across this pic. I didn't create a thread for it cos' I don't have much confidence in it's validity. My apoligies if it has been posted before. Anway, I just thought I'd mention it....

revolution0ve.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I doubt it's real as well;

"Slip gamecube games through the small slot or press the open button to widen the slot for cartridges"

Jesus I can't beleive someone went to the effort of making this and then accompany it with something so unbeleivable.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

looks like bull. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to use cartridges in the next generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shame the 1st post was actually good.

But tbh.....
    20050205.jpg

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

*ouch!*

yeah, i pretty much agree with the general view that nintendo seems to have lost a bit of their magic...

...but that just means when they come up with something special, i will enjoy it.

I just hope they dont fade away like sega...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I remember when the levels on duke nukem for the n64 had to be totally remade cause they featured gunshops and the red light district. :rolleyes:

Nintendo deserve to be relegated to 3rd spot for thatact of faggotry. Ye y'all know what I'm talking bout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dbones

that pic is awesome... god hates internet fanboys hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

ya ctrl alt del is pretty good but still prefer penny arcade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

revolution0ve.jpg
    It just looks like a very fat person sat on a Gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What the hell -
    Widen the Slot for cartidges

It was looking okay until that was mentioned, anyone with the power to make such a mock up image surely wouldn't include such a ridiculous statement as that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Umm if it does have cartridge slot would it not just be a built in Gameboy Player?
    Seeing as that sold so well and it sky rocktets the demand for old classics thus giving ninty a new product range to make zillions off.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dbones

the drawn by n-revolution at the bottom doesn't give it away as fake much either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

koneko wrote:

And for the record, I think the Metroid games are overrated.

NewsFLASH: baby Jesus dies - from crying:o

in other news.... Metroid is brilliant!

Seriously, download a SNES emu + SuperMetroid rom, the game is design genius, it's an amazing thing, really.

Also re: the DS, I guess you've made up your mind already but there are more great games out for it already than any other console Launch I've ever seen, sure a lot of them sound ****, but they 'play' a lot better than they sound:)

/Also Nintendogs is the ****!!! I just pity all the insecure lads who won't buy it because it's gay or whatever...

Anyway, re: Nintendo, I love them, I think they get a lot of bad vibes for *suspect* reason though.

I mean, take Metroid, as an example. In 17 years, they've released 7 games, soon to be 8. Each successive game not only expands on the background story, but add new gameplay charachteristics and they seem to have been designed by people who ate and slept 'Metroid', the ideas expressed in the games are class.(SuperMetroid would be the best example of both the huge ideological/gameplay leap between sequels and impressive level design, imo)

There are people who say N just lazily cashes in on it's franchises by relesing new ones, well they didn't release Metroid: Prime for the N64 (as they were going to) because they didn't think the console could handle it, so it was either do a quick, cheap 2-d one or wait till you can do the game justice, Nintendo waited. How many other games companies could say they did something like that??

As for will they be bought out, I doubt it, Japanese companies don't really care if they don't make uber-big profits, per-say,(their banks are VERY forgiving) it is a very 'traditional' and ethical society still, so the bottom line doesn't mean all, like in the west; what's more important is the company's benefit to society, by creating jobs, taxes, prestige etc.. and in business, they actually encourage direct competition, in other industries there have been cases where competitors have loaned cash to each other(ie not just merged or taken-over) as it is(was) percieved that if a company has no competitors(or is a monopoly) it will just get lazy and become corrupted(I think it goes back to the days of the Shoguns, where if they had no competing Shogun, they wouldn't maintain their army as effectively as if they under constant attack, thus leaving them weak if someone attacked suddenly. or something!)
    Then again, stranger things have happened(it looks like MJ is gonna get off:D!!)

Saying all that though, the PS2 is still my favourite of this gen, there's just sooo many great games on it, especially in the last two years, the originality of some of them has been amazing!!

****S SAKE!!! check out all those spelling mistakes!!... that's the last time I dictate a post to my (illiterate) manservant;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

dearg_doom wrote:
    NewsFLASH: baby Jesus dies - from crying:o

in other news.... Metroid is brilliant!

Don't worry about it, Koneko's only a girl, what do they know about video games??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*kicks Sico square in the nuts*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't be annoyed rainbow kirby. A good game of the sims expansion pack 'wow my sims now piss themselves!' will cheer you up and make you forget the ridicule.

Bah... *goes to play RE4*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Don't be annoyed rainbow kirby. A good game of the sims expansion pack 'wow my sims now piss themselves!' will cheer you up and make you forget the ridicule.

Tbh, that's not far off how I feel about Prime : Echoes in comparison to Prime. But here I go again, unwittingly invoking death at the hands of fanboys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Kazaanova wrote:
    I dont get this at all. What do you mean by "media center solution". The Xbox has always aimed to be just a gaming machine.

I was going to respond to this but thanks lads for saying exactly what I was about to say.

So what do we all reckon about this 3-D gizmo for the Revolution? Marketing gimic, serious potential and revolution of gaming or eye toy type attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I hate Sico and will devote every minute of my life from now on to finding him and killing him with a blunt object.

Also Kjdac is a stealer, I posted that pic weeks ago. Stupid fanboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Sico wrote:
    Koneko's only a girl,

Really... POST PIX PLZ!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeh, that would Definately be a serious piece of hardware.....I wish

It'd be horrible to play with that design, but it's a nice idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

It'd be horrible to play with that design, but it's a nice idea.

I'd like to try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

dearg_doom wrote:
    Really... POST PIX PLZ!

:p

Check out koneko:
    0905_cat1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

olol, ohnoes exposed!

(that's actually kinda cool)

Advertisement