Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new baby...

Options
  • 26-04-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

After shopping the country for one I picked up this machine yesterday evening:

1238967062847200x150x1x1.jpg

2.0ltrs GT, 74000miles & some upgrade from the '94 mini...I'm like a small child on a profitable christmas morn!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah you have to show us some bigger pics than that ;)

Best of luck with your new motor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd post mine but I don't know how/where I can save the pics I took :(

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Beautiful!!! More pics please :)

Out of interest, how old are you and what kind of insurance did you pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

shouldn't this be in the 'proud parents' thread in Parenting? ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CaptainSparrow

Nice car!

Have one myself!! :D

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I'd post mine but I don't know how/where I can save the pics I took :(

Go to www.photobucket.com and create an account (don't worry it's free)
    Upload your Pic's (save to jpg format if there bmp's)
    Copy the IMG link and paste it into your post here.

That should do it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Show some inside pics and also an engine pic too please.

Also how much you pay for it ?

Nice Motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Here's a great link for anything to do with Celica's

www.toyotacelicaonline.com

Has information from the 1st Generation models all the way up to the current 7th Gen model and it has a big selection of pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Here goes... :)

Image002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

No more pics at the mo, will post as soon as I get them done, she's a wee beaut & I'm worse than a proud parent!

Some change from my cooper, end of back injuries me thinks!

As for the insurance, so far I've just transfered the policy from the mini, quote comes in about €50 extra...mental! €700 fully comp for the year, I'm 29 & a lass.

Chief--- wrote:
    Show some inside pics and also an engine pic too please.

Also how much you pay for it ?

Nice Motor.

An absolute bargain @ £3000stg.

What kinds of upgrades have been done?

If you can get a HKS induction kit for it, gives it a lovely growl when you press on the accelerator!

What kinds of upgrades have been done?

If you can get a HKS induction kit for it, gives it a lovely growl when you press on the accelerator!

Not a thing, 'cept the 17" Rims. Some mental remote control stereo thing too...likely to end up in a tree trying to figure it out!

Well if you're ever looking for some performance parts check out these guys in the UK FENSPORT - Performance Toyota Parts

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Can't wait until my insurance goes down to a reasonable price like that! Isn't it terrible to be wishing the years away?

Best of luck with your new car, it looks great and for that price, sounds like a serious bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

De Hipster wrote:
    No more pics at the mo, will post as soon as I get them done, she's a wee beaut & I'm worse than a proud parent!

As for the insurance, so far I've just transfered the policy from the mini, quote comes in about €50 extra...mental! €700 fully comp for the year, I'm 29 & a lass.

CLASS CAR

What year is it....or did u mention already and i missed it - sorry if you did!
    Looks to be in top nick! Its GLEAMING!
    If it wasnt for insurance id buy one! Id try and get the GT4 though......
    .....but cos im only 22 the insurance would give it to me quite hard with something stiff!! :mad:

Maybe someday when im about 50 i might be able to get one.....so i will insure it as a CLASSIC :cool: Stick to my Focus for now :rolleyes:

Best of luck with it anyways......can't see you having any problems....car in front is always a Toyota......especailly when we are all eating ur dirt as you burn by us!! :D

De Hipster wrote:

do you still have the cooper? :confused:

do you still have the cooper? :confused:

Still have her alright...she'll prob be starring in the Autotrader soon though!

• Advertisement

Curran wrote:

CLASS CAR

What year is it....or did u mention already and i missed it - sorry if you did!
    Looks to be in top nick! Its GLEAMING!
    If it wasnt for insurance id buy one! Id try and get the GT4 though......
    .....but cos im only 22 the insurance would give it to me quite hard with something stiff!! :mad:

Maybe someday when im about 50 i might be able to get one.....so i will insure it as a CLASSIC :cool: Stick to my Focus for now :rolleyes:

Best of luck with it anyways......can't see you having any problems....car in front is always a Toyota......especailly when we are all eating ur dirt as you burn by us!! :D

1995, absolute showroom condition inside & out though, couldn't believe my luck on this find!

Looked at the GT4...decided against it for now, esp the uber-collectibles, I just want to drive in comfort for a while, without having to worry about keeping all the parts etc genuine (one of 440 'n all that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭jamesd

I got myself a 96 silver one recently - lovely car and you'll really enjoy it.

Same insurance as mysef too and Im 27 Male

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Holy **** that's shiny! Good luck with it......hope it's not the SOHC :)

De Hipster wrote:
    Still have her alright...she'll prob be starring in the Autotrader soon though!

what sort of price?

what sort of price?

PM'd ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Hey Hipster - can you give us some details on how you sourced the car? I'm in the market for one at the moment (not set on any car, just something decent) and i would appreciate any suggestions.

DukeDredd wrote:
    Hey Hipster - can you give us some details on how you sourced the car? I'm in the market for one at the moment (not set on any car, just something decent) and i would appreciate any suggestions.

Keep a very close eye on the cbg.ie, autotrader.ie & I bought the trader every thurs lunchtime & had phonecalls made by early eve.

I learned very quickly that good motors disappear as soon as it's published, be prepared to hit the road thurs evening to view & possibly buy. Ask all the relevant questions before hitting the road (how many owners, timing belt, mileage genuine, F(dealer)SH, list of extras...)...saves a wasted journey (except when lied to!).

Kept an eye on the dealers online too, if a dealer is willing to stand over a motor (esp in the autotrader, cbg etc., it's generally worth a look)
    www.carzone.ie/dealers/
    www.dealernet.ie/dealers/
    www.carsireland.ie/car-dealers-ireland.html

Be Patient...it may take a while - 2/3 months for me, & 6 months of autotrader reading to know what I was after & what to watch for, but worth it in the long run.

Also ...I live on the border, looked a lot in the North, cars are generally much better cared for up there, just watch for underbody rust from the salt on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Kaiser,

That picture doesn't show the big dent you put in your front bonnet last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I cant see any picture :(

Can you repost it? Want to see what car it is exactlly

Advertisement