Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo2 maps

• 26-04-2005 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

anyone try the new maps? Had a quick run around there (on my own) and they look good. Cant wait to try it multiplayer, the new weapons balancing is quite cool too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

havnt noticed anythign different with the weapons, i spent about two mins on one of the levels seemed grand, gona have to get a 16 player tournie going.

gamertag: cryos2k5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

The new levels are great fun, I had a 4 hour session on Kai last night. The improved battle rifle makes a big difference too (no more dual-wielding pistols tho).

Unfortunately I dont play on XBox Live!, If your ever on Kai or xbconnect look out for 'clouds' or more usually 'makey'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

How'd you guys get the new maps?

I think I went through a system update on XBL Halo last week, but haven't noticed anything new.

I usually play Slayer matches - are the new maps available for this gametype??

CHEERS!

Gamertag: Dades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

afaik the new maps arnt on the matchmaking system yet ? (although you can do a party and invite people).

i got them via content download, yeh you would notice that you updated and in the bottom right of your screen it should say 1.1

Thanks Blitz I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The maps will come into matchmaking when the system is reset which I believe happens next Monday - check out bungie for that info though.

The smaller of the two maps is great as its an arena type set up and I've had a load of great games on there with random weapons setting. It just ends up as a rocket fest but thats always fun.

The second map is freaking huge and would be excellent for a big team game of capture the flag as it's pretty much symmetrical and anyone who does any level design will tell you thats the key to success.

Still, the level design for Halo and Halo2 is poor compared to other fps'. I think thats the major thing they need to sort out before Halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Yeah, containment (that's the big snowy one)is great fun with big teams. try pushing them explodey things around to blind spots to create nasty surprises for Warthogs.
    Turf and Sanctuary are better than Warlock...check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

Blitz wrote:
    havnt noticed anythign different with the weapons, i spent about two mins on one of the levels seemed grand, gona have to get a 16 player tournie going.

gamertag: cryos2k5

The biggest thing that I noticed were that melee attacks are far more pwerful particualrly whan jumping. Also the grenades do far more damage and seem to have a bigger blast radius. The pistol has alos been weakened to emphasise the importance of head shots.

I noticed a glitch though on containment. There's a platform way up high in the middle of the level. I jumped down from that and landed on a tank. When I landed, I bounced way back up in the air almost as high as the platform I was on!

Weird

Gamertag: Conjob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

The smaller level is a remake of a Halo 1 map, can't remember the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Turf rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

played a 16 player assault on caontainment. it isnt really the best.

also the "team preview" thing is supposed to be playin the two pay per play maps but i havnt played on em yet. the main matchmaking is supposed to be weighted more towards the new maps yet all i was gettin was poxy coagulation and some headlong.

The big Rifle Rumbles are mad.

Not sure about sniper only maps though... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

Ive found the same thing. I ma yet to play the new map on matchmaking. Ive played 2 midship and a zanzibar and burial grounds last night!

Gamertag: Conjob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LordJimbo

Haha conway you big gay, noone wants to play halo with you!

Advertisement