Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions for a dish

• 26-04-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i'm making a meal for two tomorrow evening and need some simple yet tasty suggestions. i was thinking, a soup, a main course and then something richbut not too dark for dessert.

suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I find parmesan chicken is a nice simple but delicious recipie.

ingredients:
    chicken/turkey fillets
    Parmesan cheese
    butter
    cream

If you can soak the chicken fillets over night in milk, as it makes them very juicy after cooking.
    Heat oven to about 200 C. Then put the dish you intend to cook them in oven with a knob of butter. When butter is melted add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with lots of grated parmesan cheese. You can also add a little bit of cream to make a sauce to go with it. Check it after 20- 30 mins depending on your oven. Cut open one of the fillets to check if it's cooked properly

Serve with rice or roast chipped potatoes.

For potatoes, peel and chop into bite size pieces. Toss in olive oil with sea salt and black pepper. Cook in a hot oven for abolut 40mins. You can also add whole garlic cloves too for flavour.

For a dessert maybe something fruit based? A nice one involves soft berries (raspberries or blackberries work best but I know they're not in season), lots of cream and meringue.

Whip up the cream, crumble in the meringue, slightly squish the berries and stir whole lot together....it's delicious and quite light.

I hope any of these help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you can soak the chicken fillets over night in milk, as it makes them very juicy after cooking.
    Sounds like a good way to defrost chicken fillets too, I usually do it in water so they don't get that drying out happening on the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

as a starter i love

beef tomatoes, sliced with slices of buffaloe mosterla served with basil and oil(maybe a little greenery on the side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you're making soup don't forget the melba toast! toast two pieces of sliced bread and then cut in half along the depth of the bread. Then rotate so that the now untoasted sides get toasted. Very nice with soft butter.

And my mum used to make a great yoghurt dessert. I think it was just a small dish of yoghurt with 1/3 brown sugar on the top. It has to be left for a few hours for the brown sugar to dissolve properly. And then you can blowtorch the top to get a crust.

I'm going to go shopping for that tomorrow.

Advertisement