Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer games development @ itcarlow

Options
  • 26-04-2005 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hey i just wanted to ask any students currently studying computer games development in it carlow if maybe they could give me some info on the course.
    im seriously considering a change of course and that would be right up there on the top of the list. my main concern is that i cannot find out the points for the course so if you could tell me your leaving cert results i could get a vague idea. i also want to know absolutely anything thing else about the course you can tell me. thanks!!!!!

(p.s. i would have put this in the it carlow page but i got kicked, cheers tomtom)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I think it is a new course this year hence not having points listed etc. If you are serious about it the UK has hundreds of games programming courses. Goto the UCAS Website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 eddie-fandangle

ya its really taken off in england but i dont really have the money to study there. i would have thought that the points would be listed as they have already done one year of the course. thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can get a grant from the EU to help.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm not in that course but I am in 4th year networking in Carlow, and by all accounts you'd want to be good at maths and physics, and preferably have some programming skills going into it.
    Like the guy above said, there's no CAO points available for it as the first year of the course is not yet complete. It does have the support of Microsoft in the form of Xbox dev kits and funding and stuff, as far as I know.
    Mail Joe Kehoe (one of the main guys behind the course and the head of the computing department) at joseph.kehoe (at) itcarlow.ie for more information on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 eddie-fandangle

joe kehoe??? is that tom green guy :)

i tried finding him but hes out sick all week.
    i wonder could ya break into the games industry wit a similar qualification in software programming

• Advertisement

Yes he has the tom green beard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Lump wrote:
    You can get a grant from the EU to help.

John

Got any linnks or information :)

I study in the UK. Grant would be nice :D Or is it based on the same income level as the grants in Ireland for third level?

I got a grant to pay my fees. Call into your local DFES office for a form, or have a look at There website, do a google on DFES.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hetsscaryguy

im also thinking of changing course to this but i wont be starting till sept 06 because i need to get the money together. i also have yet to tell my parents this. i think if you got over 300 points its safe to say you have enough, i think all qualified last year.

• Advertisement

This year was the first year of the course, so there was no points for it published in advance.

Is there an echo in here ;)

John

Advertisement