Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ICE recommendations ...

Options
  • 26-04-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Getting a new company car: in attempt to keep BIK down, have got company to agree to lower-spec model than usual, with the proviso that I can get a fair whack of aftermarket mods on the car. They save money, I save money, we all win. I'm not a badge snob, so this isn't a problem for me. This is also apparently perfectly legal, and I could do with the extra EUR120pm in my póca: young family, hefty mortgage.

If you had 2k to spend on ICE, what would you buy? I don't even know where to start looking: I suppose a DIN-E computer, nav, MP3, DVD in rear? Any recommends?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Another option is to have the dealer bill you for the car and extras seperatly. Then your company can put the extras bill down as body repairs, and value of car remains lower for your BIK etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Good idea, but I'm actually dropping from one model down to another, so I can get the super-luxury version of that one: there's 10k in the difference, so that saves me the BIK. Hence, aftermarket stuff is desirable: Ford only offer their own or a Sony head unit, and that's just not good enough!

Advertisement