Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brilliant British Crowd at Raw

• 26-04-2005 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I watched Raw on Monday night and while I won't reveal any of the results of the show, I have to say I thought the British crowd was superb throughout. They showed the Americans how it's supposed to be done.

Christian got a great reaction, Hogan got a great reaction, Regal got a great reaction (obviously), Edge got the "You screwed Matt" chants and there was also a "Hardy" chant, Jericho got a great reaction, Viscera also.

A great show overall and if you look at how limited Lita's time was on Raw, it's clear the WWE were reluctant to send her out there amongst the British fans!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Christian got a great reaction

indeed he did, it was great to see it. even when they showed him backstage the crowd went crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Viscera got a good reaction? Why?

Good to see people getting into Christian though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

hope christian stays heel tho. IMO hes another guy better as heel than face i.e Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

1 Dollar.....canadian :) lol Great stuff, I've been a peep for yonks now!, I'd agree with Lance Storm the best thing about wrestling: Christian (though I think he said it jokingly). I won't see Raw till probably Thursday night, was the crowd really hot?, Madison Square Gardenesque?...Then again I guess its pretty believable...could you imagine if WWE did a show here..we'd go f'in nuts, I was at Mania 20 and it was wall to wall with Bhrums, they must be really into it there
    P.S I wonder does WWE look into that as a positve..meaning, Christian is a heel so maybe they see it as a bad thing that they were mad into him and I'm sure they don't like so much heat on the Hardy situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Viscera got a good reaction? Why?

Good to see people getting into Christian though!

Viscera was on a date with Trish. It was a funny segment just like last week. He's actually pretty funny!

Christian tried to get the fans to turn on him by saying Canadians are smarter than the Brits and he mocked the teeth of the Brits but the crowd was still into him in a big way! As Mossy Monk said, even when he was shown backstage there was a huge roar and he had a segment with Flair and Christian's cheers were just as loud as the Nature Boy's which was amazing!
    It remains to be seen whether American crowds will keep up the support for Christian but if they do Christian could be in line for a big push especially since he looks to be heading to Smackdown since he made another comment about Cena that was really funny.

On another note, the shirt Christian wore to the ring was great and I wouldn't mind buying that myself. It had Captain Charisma written across the front. I suppose over here we could only get it on WWE's Shopzone though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was reading Pro Wrestling Insider and one British fan wrote in to say that the WWE had dubbed cheers into the match between Batista and Christian! Read it here:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=9889&p=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wow, didnt see that happening though it's the WWE's (or HHH's) own fault for making Batista take a backseat even though he's champion. I'd still say Batista is going to win on Sunday though.

Seems to me that the Fans are now calling the shots on who gets the next push cause their sick of the WWE doing it for them and getting it wrong. Also i hope the "You Srcewed Matt" chant never leaves Edge or Lita.

Advertisement