Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie guerrero (possible spoiler)

• 26-04-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Just looked at the smackdown schedule for the june tour and it shows a match in scotland teaming Big show and Rey VS Carlito and EDDIE! Is it a sign or what???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well, a heel turn has been on the cards for sometime now. It has been teased since No Way Out in Febuary.

Only thing is, is that I cant see him getting over as a heel again. He needs to do something major piss the fans off. Something more than throwing Tajiri threw a window. No one cared, and only got Eddie further over as a face.

Hopefully, if he does go heel, he will be put into a feud with Cena, as Im sure these two could do great things together in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

like you said he'll have to do something really major and evil to get a heel reaction from the crowd. dont know of teaming him up with carlito will help tho.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

however last week on Smackdown when he shoved Rey, the MSG crowd already started giving him the old "Eddie sucks" chants

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

have to agree about Carlito bit. If he is to turn heel i think puttin him with Carlito would be a bad move. A lot people like Carlito for being the sort of laughable heel. If Eddie turns it would be best he steers clear of that side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

In saying that a team with Carlito and Eddie no matter how the crowd are supoosed to react to them could be very entertaining.

• Advertisement

In saying that a team with Carlito and Eddie no matter how the crowd are supoosed to react to them could be very entertaining.

Indeed. They could replace Billy and Chuck as the new gay couple! ;)

But seriously though, I think that this is a bad move on WWE's part. Eddie is one of the best in the business at being a face, and I get the feeling that when he does turn heel, his main-event role will soon disappear, and he may even be forced to join Chavo again and challenge for the tag titles again, which would be a real shame. I just can't picture this working for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I get the feeling that when he does turn heel, his main-event role will soon disappear..... I just can't picture this working for some reason.

Well, what main event heels does SD have at the moment. You basically have Angle (who may be headed to Raw), and JBL. Cena has feuded with the two of these alot, and a heel Eddie would be a new interesting feud. Plus Eddie could carry Cena through some decent matches.

As for teaming him with Carlito, remember this is for a house show
    so its possible it will have no bearing on storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

IMO Rey needs a heel turn far more then Eddie. Is charicter is stale as his ring work which is the same combination of moves in most matchs, he dosnt come up with new stuff as much as he used to. A heel turn would fource him to give up his highspot, crowdpleasing finishing moves in favour of a mat based style which he is well capable of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Just team him with JBL for a few weeks. That'll get some boo's.

IMO Rey needs a heel turn far more then Eddie. Is charicter is stale as his ring work which is the same combination of moves in most matchs, he dosnt come up with new stuff as much as he used to. A heel turn would fource him to give up his highspot, crowdpleasing finishing moves in favour of a mat based style which he is well capable of doing.

That's exactly what I was going to say! Nicely put! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

How could Rey turn heel, heel character are usually big guy's like JBL, Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak.
    The only way a small guy could realistically turn heel is if they had a group of people behind him like when Tajiri turned on smackdown a while back or Nunzio and FBI or Spike Dudley and The Dudleys.
    If Rey Mysterio was to turn heel, he would have to do it with someone for it to work like Eddie but that probably wont happen and Eddie will be the only one to turn heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I get the feeling that when he does turn heel, his main-event role will soon disappear, and he may even be forced to join Chavo again and challenge for the tag titles again, which would be a real shame. I just can't picture this working for some reason.

Thats where he is now except replace Chavo with Mysterio. I for one always found/find eddie entertaining to watch whether on the mic or in ring. From his mamacita days as a jealous lover right up to his lyin cheatin and stealin. A heel turn may do him good as said elsewhere because i reckon a Cena and Eddie feud could get a good run, a good reaction and a few decent matches out of it. And judgin by howover Cena is at the moment id reckon a savage attack on Cena could be the only forseeable way for a heel turn cos for me i aint too bothered about rey mysterio (he's more over with the kids than anything) and what ever eddie would/will do to him.

Advertisement