Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellence Ireland

Options
  • 26-04-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

A colleague and I are thinking of setting up a company, and we think that some sort of quality certification, ultimately Six Sigma, would be useful. I've had a brief look at the Excellence Ireland site and I can't find anything about charges. Just wondering if any of you have experience of such certification or ISO9000, and what the charges are.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

ISO certication by EQA costs €800 per audit for a small company that requires 1 day & 1 auditor (well thats what it costs me). ISO training to achieve costs ~500 per day but this is haggled on depending on how many days you need to train for.

ISO is losing ground nowadays though and most people dont seem to interested in it. Personally I'm thinking of ditching it as the audit/compilance is a pain in the ar$e for a small company

/edit removed some bits as i got the wrong end of the stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 waz

really depends on what you want to gain with this quality system.
    ISO <€1000 euro per year to maintain + $2-3000 to train up a internal auditor.
    can have limited uses..in many organisations it is just a cert on the wall used as a marketing tool. others it is used as a basis for implementing other quality management systems such as TQM or 6 sigma.It seems to have reached a peak as a business must have with many companies not bothering to switch over to the new 2000 version when it was introduced.
    IMHO it is not worth the effort.
    six sigma €15000 to train a blackbelt who will work full time on quality projects. This is getting into an area where the big boys play (GE motorola and US multinationals) with saving targets of €500,000 per improvement project.Basically it is common sense and quality tools used in a structured manner.
    If you and your colleague would consider common sense and basic tools as a resource you have in the bag......just run with it forget the fancy systems, save your money and do what they all try to achieve ...please the customer.
    if not I am available for a token consultancy fee for the quality system of your preference:-)

Advertisement