Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dns Help

Options
  • 26-04-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

My connection to eircom bb keeps going down every 30 - 40 mins, the usual "unable to resolve yada yada yada" however my p2p still downloads, I have tried the typical commands /flushdns /registerdns but they do not work, I have to stop and restart the dns client service. My xp comp was recently in a 2000 active directory domain which I recently removed to a stand alone workstation, is there anyway of overcoming this so I dont have to keep stoping and restarting the client service?

Please help, it just went down while I tried to post this, am I overlooking a fault on eircoms dns server???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Zooie wrote:
    My connection to eircom bb keeps going down every 30 - 40 mins, the usual "unable to resolve yada yada yada" however my p2p still downloads, I have tried the typical commands /flushdns /registerdns but they do not work, I have to stop and restart the dns client service. My xp comp was recently in a 2000 active directory domain which I recently removed to a stand alone workstation, is there anyway of overcoming this so I dont have to keep stoping and restarting the client service?

Please help, it just went down while I tried to post this, am I overlooking a fault on eircoms dns server???

Go to the network panel and select Windows TCP/IP, in it oyu can add specific DNS servers or set it to auto. Put it a few there directly and problem solved.

Advertisement